Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Schoeps MK41 vs MK41V

(1/12) > >>

dank:
Ok, I know I could search and probably find a million debates on this, but hoping someone can give me the broad strokes on a buying decision.

I currently run DPA 4021s and will continue to use these as my primary pair, but find myself recording in a less-than-ideal room (not bad, just not great) more often than not lately and want to see if hypers can help me out.  I would likely still run the 4021s alongside the schoeps, because it's just hitting another button.

I've elected to look at Schoeps mics because I know they perform well and who knows, if the 4021s bite the dust, MK4's may be the replacement...

These will operate on a stand or in a hat, depending.

noahbickart:
I prefer the mk41v for two reasons:

1) They are a little less directional, that is, the patterns is a little wider in the low end.

2) They are much easier to run, both horizontally in a hat, and vertically on a bar.

They sound fantastic, BTW.

fobstl:
41V if you are going to sometimes run a hat. I run 41s with DPA 4021s and really like the combo. I hope to trade up to the 41Vs at some point to easier run in a hat. I had 4Vs and they were awesome for the hat, unfortunately had to unload them.

MakersMarc:

--- Quote from: noahbickart on January 26, 2017, 03:46:06 PM ---I prefer the mk41v for two reasons:

1) They are a little less directional, that is, the patterns is a little wider in the low end.

2) They are much easier to run, both horizontally in a hat, and vertically on a bar.

They sound fantastic, BTW.

--- End quote ---

Ditto all that.

I unloaded my 41s for 41vs for distance stea€6h work, and the hat form factor and because I just like the vertical sound a little better. I notice head movement less, and they're smoother to my ears.

dank:
if this should go in a PM, that's cool - but i've often heard the V's are easier to run in a hat, but I'm having trouble picturing why?

once I get that resolved, and i'm sure I will, probably pull the trigger on a set this weekend
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version