Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Do these mogami snakes look OK?

<< < (3/3)

voltronic:

--- Quote from: SMsound on June 11, 2021, 04:24:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: voltronic on June 09, 2021, 06:15:22 AM ---See the second picture here. Adding techflex to the individual channel cables is kind of tricky on this cable because it is so highly flexible. There is some silicone adhesive under the two layers of shrink to help keep the flex in place at the fanout location. No shrink at the connectors - I used my soldering iron to curl that end of the flex to help lock it in place through the drilled hole in the XLR shell.

--- End quote ---

For some reason, no pics are showing up on your post (at least for me). Thanks for the explanation, though.

--- End quote ---

I had forgotten to add the link. Fixed.

Gutbucket:

--- Quote from: voltronic on June 11, 2021, 07:48:06 PM ---I had forgotten to add the link. Fixed.
--- End quote ---

A real PC keyboard!
Nice!

voltronic:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on June 14, 2021, 09:43:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: voltronic on June 11, 2021, 07:48:06 PM ---I had forgotten to add the link. Fixed.
--- End quote ---

A real PC keyboard!
Nice!

--- End quote ---

Oh yes, my Model M. It absolutely blows away all the newer mechanical key switches (and yes, I've tried them). It is like when you get to play a piano with a perfectly regulated action; you can just fly.

Mine was constructed in 1990 I believe, and with a yearly cleaning it still functions perfectly. Literally the only thing that doesn't work like new is that it has a broken Caps Lock LED. I got it on my last day at the PC / network shop I worked at in the late 90s. My boss said I was free to go into the back room boneyard and take something with me. There were a stack of these, and I picked the cleanest one.

This company now owns the original IBM patent, and is still churning these out in a Kentucky factory if you want a new one:
https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/NEW_M

You could go even more old-school and get a reproduction Model F, but the price is ridiculous, especially considering they are made overseas. I also strongly prefer the later Model M layout on the numpad.
https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version