Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Do these mogami snakes look OK?

<< < (2/3) > >>

DavidPuddy:
No problems at all with the mogami mini lav cable here. Very tough stuff though it does feel a bit delicate.

voltronic:
I have a bunch of this as bulk cable stock, and the picture in the first post is what they look like. Personally, I like the fanouts to be more protected as the jacket of the individual cables is quite thin, so I add 1/8" Techflex to mine and heat shrink the ends.

SMsound:

--- Quote from: voltronic on June 06, 2021, 06:03:28 PM ---I have a bunch of this as bulk cable stock, and the picture in the first post is what they look like. Personally, I like the fanouts to be more protected as the jacket of the individual cables is quite thin, so I add 1/8" Techflex to mine and heat shrink the ends.

--- End quote ---

Do you have a picture of how you heatshrink the ends of the techflex?  I'm thinking about either taking my cables apart and doing this, or using the techflex wrap (so I don't have to disassemble the cables), but I've never used techflex before.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: SMsound on June 06, 2021, 08:31:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: voltronic on June 06, 2021, 06:03:28 PM ---I have a bunch of this as bulk cable stock, and the picture in the first post is what they look like. Personally, I like the fanouts to be more protected as the jacket of the individual cables is quite thin, so I add 1/8" Techflex to mine and heat shrink the ends.

--- End quote ---

Do you have a picture of how you heatshrink the ends of the techflex?  I'm thinking about either taking my cables apart and doing this, or using the techflex wrap (so I don't have to disassemble the cables), but I've never used techflex before.

--- End quote ---

See the second picture here. Adding techflex to the individual channel cables is kind of tricky on this cable because it is so highly flexible. There is some silicone adhesive under the two layers of shrink to help keep the flex in place at the fanout location. No shrink at the connectors - I used my soldering iron to curl that end of the flex to help lock it in place through the drilled hole in the XLR shell.

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=196240.0

SMsound:

--- Quote from: voltronic on June 09, 2021, 06:15:22 AM ---See the second picture here. Adding techflex to the individual channel cables is kind of tricky on this cable because it is so highly flexible. There is some silicone adhesive under the two layers of shrink to help keep the flex in place at the fanout location. No shrink at the connectors - I used my soldering iron to curl that end of the flex to help lock it in place through the drilled hole in the XLR shell.

--- End quote ---

For some reason, no pics are showing up on your post (at least for me). Thanks for the explanation, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version