Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Contact cleaner

(1/2) > >>

Pieteker:
Do you know if it's necessary to clean the jack plug of your microphones every now and then or something like that? And does this also apply to the line-in sockets of, for example, your recorder? (dust, dirt, etc.)
If so, how can you do this best?

Thanks,
Pieter

aaronji:
A lot of people like Caig's DeoxIT. There are lots of alternatives, though, that probably work similarly.

ero3030:
For female mini Jack's, female xlr u can use proxabrushes. Those "fuzzy" dental picks with a touch of iso and a can of air or use the male plug compatible with what u want to clean with a little iso and connect and reconnect a few times then blow with a can of air

rocksuitcase:
I second Caig DEOXIT. I like to use good swabs like these as opposed to Q-tips so the felt doesn't tear. I clean our cable connectors and mic end connections every summer before festival season.

https://www.amazon.com/Inches-Storage-Applicators-Electronic-Cleaning/dp/B09YSVPQHJ?pd_rd_w=cIslh&content-id=amzn1.sym.875c2599-fb39-45b3-be42-4ea71a9cd3f6&pf_rd_p=875c2599-fb39-45b3-be42-4ea71a9cd3f6&pf_rd_r=ZZ77F00GJP36KRQVRYAH&pd_rd_wg=rxHNy&pd_rd_r=e9c2f669-0f28-4ad1-b4f8-81a8c6ebb99c&pd_rd_i=B0CZNY19YX&ref_=pd_bap_d_csi_rtpb_bap_sim_3_t&th=1

Pieteker:
Thanks everyone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version