Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Never ending clapper!  (Read 78 times)

nulldogmas and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tomy01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Never ending clapper!
« on: Today at 04:52:55 PM »
I recently recorded a concert about 20 rows from the left stage monitor, not between the monitors (stage right / stage left).  Anyway a womwen one row in front of me about 5 seats down to the left clapped just about all the songs never ending.  If I put earbuds in I can distictly hear the clapping in my left bud but if I remove and only use the right side it all but is eliminated.

My question is since there is not much true stereo separation due to my location is there a way I can run the recording through something like "Audacity" and make the left side run with the left channel?

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: Never ending clapper!
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:24:12 PM »
iZotope RX declick will tone it way down!
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:33:28 PM »
If you don't have iZotope RX, try some other declick routine. They are often used for clean up of vinyl record transfers.  I think most of them target transients which occur only in one channel or the other.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:25:15 PM »
I recently recorded a concert about 20 rows from the left stage monitor, not between the monitors (stage right / stage left).  Anyway a womwen one row in front of me about 5 seats down to the left clapped just about all the songs never ending.  If I put earbuds in I can distictly hear the clapping in my left bud but if I remove and only use the right side it all but is eliminated.

My question is since there is not much true stereo separation due to my location is there a way I can run the recording through something like "Audacity" and make the left side run with the left channel?

Before making a mono file out of the right side channel without the clapping I'd try one of the methods mentioned above like de-click, de-pop or one of the noise reduction schemes that targets cleaning up a vinyl recording.

If that doesn't work and you want to pursue the dual mono approach all you have to do is import the stereo file into your editor, split the file into 2 mono files, delete the left one (the one with the clapper), duplicate the right one and hard pan each mono file right and left.

I had to do this recently at a bluegrass show where I only had a fixed 90 degree mount but had to run up close and way off to the side. My left mic was pointed at the crowd and they were really boisterous so I just used the right mic that was pointed right at the stack using the method I described above. https://archive.org/details/gsbg2023-11-07.mbhoKA500
« Last Edit: Today at 06:29:26 PM by goodcooker »
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com