Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: what would you compare nbox sound to?  (Read 16054 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: what would you compare nbox sound to?
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2005, 12:11:50 PM »
I agree that the 'something' will add more color to the cmc6 source due to the something adding most of the gain.  The nbox adds 20dB. The lemosax is variable but I think it should be cranked up to around 20 dB so that it contributes to the sound as much as possible.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2005, 04:33:10 AM »
Brian you have no stability or consistancy in your bold statements.  Watch me flame your silly ass........................

Brian states the highs are 'spitty' is this a made up term.

"Spitty" - and the other words I used ("painful, fatiguing - harsh, spitty, lacking detail, and somehow missing seamless integration in the transition from HF to mids") - is the best I can do in attempting to translate what I hear into written word.  For me, anyway, turning what I hear into the written word is incredibly difficult.  I stand by my statement, as I hear it in every NBox recording to which I listen.

Check out my Vegoose tapes.   Ian Stone posted them they are sick.  Tell me those are spitty Brian.

I

180 degrees later....

The nbox is an excellent pre.  you have no consistant opinion and you dont count.  stop using your status on the site you moderate to sway those who would like to use the nbox.

what do you really think brian??????   You sold your sonolax.  you must have really thought it was  a fantastic piece of equipment.  I know that in the future I will count on your claims for the sound of gear.,,NOT

Who do you think you are?  the guru of taping?  I think not.  I am so tired of you bashing the nbox without regard for the folks who use it.  You dont stealth 'you dont get out enough, you dont count.  f off f u and your opinion.  The box sounds deep, transparent, high and real.  you sold your stealth equipment b/c you know you never used it.  your opinion is worthless.  Please address us when you actually use a sonosax to compare.  Until then I will not even acknowledge that you exist as a taper. 

You dont travel for shows.   You sit like a bitch in your home downloading my shows for your enjoyment w/o making tapes for me to hear.  stop posting on nbox sites.  leave it alone.  i know i will find you soon in your city of chicago b/c i have nothing better to do than flame your fakey ass.  Let me hear your stealth tapes.....oh you have none, I thought so. 

Once you stealth and become the human mic stand talk to me otherwise stay at your house downloading my shows.  You dont stealth....therefore on this thread you dont count. 

F the other folks who cocksmoke bskalinder on this thread.  he is doing a great thing by moderating this site besides that you have no utility.  I respect this site and you for moderating it.  however your opinioin on matters you dont even involve yourself in is worthless.

I cant wait to meet you.  Happy taping

Peace,

dd

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2005, 09:39:06 AM »
It is unfortunate that you seem more interested in posting flamebait than in the particulars of the nbox and maybe planning some comps.

Still looking for an nbox for some comps around SE michigan..

I think I can line up 2 pair of mk41, a lemosax, a pair of cmc6 and a pair of 722s.  I think Ghengis has a third pair of mk41's near Cleveland.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2005, 11:42:13 AM »
Watch me flame your silly ass........................

Oh, the horror...the HORROR!!  :lol:

you have no consistant opinion and you dont count.

You're entitled to disregard my opinion, as is anyone.  Just as I'm entitled to provide it.  I addressed my opinion's consistency in your other thread

stop using your status on the site you moderate to sway those who would like to use the nbox.

Anyone buying gear based on a single person's opinion - moderator or otherwise - instead of their own ears is foolish.

what do you really think brian??????   You sold your sonolax.  you must have really thought it was  a fantastic piece of equipment.  I know that in the future I will count on your claims for the sound of gear.,,NOT

Once again, you're entitled to disregard my opinion.  And I've addressed why I sold the Sax in your other thread.

Who do you think you are?  the guru of taping?

No, just another taper, actually.

I am so tired of you bashing the nbox without regard for the folks who use it.

I'm not bashing, I'm simply stating my opinion.  There's a difference.

You dont stealth 'you dont get out enough, you dont count.

You're right, I don't stealth much - that's why I sold my Sax.

f off f u and your opinion.

That hurts.  That really hurts.   ::)

The box sounds deep, transparent, high and real.

Glad you like it.  I hear the NBox a little differently.  Nothing more, nothing less.

you sold your stealth equipment b/c you know you never used it. your opinion is worthless.  Please address us when you actually use a sonosax to compare.

I used it, just not very often.  And yes, that's why I sold it.  Please see your other thread for more on my usage, comparison, and listening of both the Sax and NBox.

Until then I will not even acknowledge that you exist as a taper.

Good God, what ever shall I do?!?

You dont travel for shows.   You sit like a bitch in your home downloading my shows for your enjoyment w/o making tapes for me to hear.

I have plenty of recordings for you to hear.  Check the Kickdown section, tapers.org, Archive.org, bt.etree.org (thirdofthree), and DimeaDozen (thirdofthree).

stop posting on nbox sites.  leave it alone.

This is a taping site, not an NBox site.

i know i will find you soon in your city of chicago b/c i have nothing better to do than flame your fakey ass.  Let me hear your stealth tapes.....oh you have none, I thought so.

I have very few to share, it's true.  Once again, see your other thread for more.

Once you stealth and become the human mic stand talk to me otherwise stay at your house downloading my shows.

I don't have much interest in downloading your shows, at least the one's I've seen posted.  It seems we have divergent tastes in music.  But I'm sure plenty of other people enjoy your recordings.

You dont stealth....therefore on this thread you dont count.

Once again, no, I don't stealth very often.  See your other thread for more.  There are plenty of people using the NBox and Sax for both open and stealth taping.  Just because those boxes are capable of stealth, doesn't mean that's the only applicable usage.

I cant wait to meet you.

Likewise.  Please post your full name so I'll know you when I meet you.

he is doing a great thing by moderating this site

Thank you, I appreciate it.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 11:43:45 AM by Brian Skalinder »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2005, 01:08:40 PM »
Freelunch....What shows should we record together? ;D

marc0789

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2005, 02:29:02 PM »
hey dood......

.....lame Phish themed screennames are pretty 1998. :-X ;D

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2005, 09:57:37 AM »
hey dood......

.....lame Phish themed screennames are pretty 1998. :-X ;D

Your hilarious.  You must have a degree in the finer arts of humor. 

hey dood....

lame liquor references  are pretty 1840. :P ::)

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2005, 09:58:26 AM »
First off how do I do that thing where you get the quote from the other person in purple?

Happy taping.  Drive as fast as you can.

dd

DUH you hit the 'quote' button.... u suck at the internets  ;D

Isnt internet Ian?   

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2005, 10:00:43 AM »
Watch me flame your silly ass........................

Oh, the horror...the HORROR!!  :lol:

you have no consistant opinion and you dont count.

You're entitled to disregard my opinion, as is anyone.  Just as I'm entitled to provide it.  I addressed my opinion's consistency in your other thread

stop using your status on the site you moderate to sway those who would like to use the nbox.

Anyone buying gear based on a single person's opinion - moderator or otherwise - instead of their own ears is foolish.

Once again, you're entitled to disregard my opinion.  And I've addressed why I sold the Sax in your other thread.

Who do you think you are?  the guru of taping?

No, just another taper, actually.

I am so tired of you bashing the nbox without regard for the folks who use it.

I'm not bashing, I'm simply stating my opinion.  There's a difference.

You dont stealth 'you dont get out enough, you dont count.

You're right, I don't stealth much - that's why I sold my Sax.

f off f u and your opinion.

That hurts.  That really hurts.   ::)

The box sounds deep, transparent, high and real.

Glad you like it.  I hear the NBox a little differently.  Nothing more, nothing less.

you sold your stealth equipment b/c you know you never used it. your opinion is worthless.  Please address us when you actually use a sonosax to compare.

I used it, just not very often.  And yes, that's why I sold it.  Please see your other thread for more on my usage, comparison, and listening of both the Sax and NBox.

Until then I will not even acknowledge that you exist as a taper.

Good God, what ever shall I do?!?

You dont travel for shows.   You sit like a bitch in your home downloading my shows for your enjoyment w/o making tapes for me to hear.

I have plenty of recordings for you to hear.  Check the Kickdown section, tapers.org, Archive.org, bt.etree.org (thirdofthree), and DimeaDozen (thirdofthree).

stop posting on nbox sites.  leave it alone.

This is a taping site, not an NBox site.

i know i will find you soon in your city of chicago b/c i have nothing better to do than flame your fakey ass.  Let me hear your stealth tapes.....oh you have none, I thought so.

I have very few to share, it's true.  Once again, see your other thread for more.

Once you stealth and become the human mic stand talk to me otherwise stay at your house downloading my shows.

I don't have much interest in downloading your shows, at least the one's I've seen posted.  It seems we have divergent tastes in music.  But I'm sure plenty of other people enjoy your recordings.

You dont stealth....therefore on this thread you dont count.

Once again, no, I don't stealth very often.  See your other thread for more.  There are plenty of people using the NBox and Sax for both open and stealth taping.  Just because those boxes are capable of stealth, doesn't mean that's the only applicable usage.

I cant wait to meet you.

Likewise.  Please post your full name so I'll know you when I meet you.

he is doing a great thing by moderating this site

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Am I sensing some humor here Brian?  Nice.  You are a class guy to have a response like that!  I changed my mind I wont pour beer on your lemosax. ;)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2005, 05:08:45 PM »

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2005, 03:40:05 AM »
I have now modified the naked box to have the ability to pickle a cuke. 8)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com