Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Questions about the Fostex FR2-LE  (Read 1543 times)

Offline jadedphan

• gear owned:
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • at one with the cosmic rhythms
    • seeded recordings found on: http://bt.etree.org - search jadedphan
Questions about the Fostex FR2-LE
« on: September 07, 2008, 02:27:46 AM »
Hey now,

So I'm thinking about picking one of these units up, and had a few questions for the gurus....

first off, they are **much** cheaper on ebay.  I will be running schoeps cmc64's directly into the unit, and will very rarely use this unit to board tape (most of the board tapes i make i am running the desk, and just use a laptop).

so,

do the oade mods sound radically different from the stock units..do they make roughly 300 dollars difference sonically?  how do the busman mods compare to the oades (sound and costwise)?

I have been running the mk4's directly into an ad1000 (rev C), at 16 bit.  i know that the 1000's went through several different preamp revisions...how do the stock/oade/busman mods stack up to the rev c apogee units?

If all these questions have been discussed already, please direct me to the threads off list.

thanks for everyone's thoughts,
-bry
mics: schoeps mk4v, mk41v (matched), mk22 (matched) , mk41 (matched), mk22 (not part of matched pair)/MK8 (mid/side); neumann u89i, neumann km150

preamps: aeta psp3, schoeps vms02ib, vms5u x 2, sonosax sx-m2, sx-m2d2;

recorders: sound devices: mixpre 6ii, mixpre 10ii; sony: d7 & d8, tascam da-30mkii

mic bodies: schoeps cmc1L x 4,  neumann km100

actives/specialty cables: ak2Lsu x 14, aksu2ta3 x 6,  aksu2u x 8, 5m nbobs actives (schoeps version), kcy x 2, k5s (5pin stereo) x 10 @ 5m; custom 5 pin 9’, 16’, 12’ (x2), k5Lsu (x 6), nbobs actives (schoeps), custom km100 actives

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Questions about the Fostex FR2-LE
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »
i have only run mine stock and find it to be pretty good as long as your source is loud enough
the bm mod is 175 lots of people love it - i want to get it but just have not had time and money really
because they are so cheap on ebay it seems most people go that route - i have only seen a couple of oade mod ones talked about
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com