Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Has zoom recently fixed H2 clipping issues?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Kevin T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Has zoom recently fixed H2 clipping issues?
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »
My Hard hitting rock drummer just bought a new H2 and used it at practice. he put it at head level right next to the kit ( ~3ft away). I told him even on L / 100 /no EFX he would likely get lots of clipping "Overs" . Much to my suprise no LED clipping indication & no flat top at all . I looked at the file in Audacity and it had lots of -1db Fullscale ( snare ) but no higher like a limiter was actually working on the Pre AtoD analog front end. I zoomed in & looked at the highest peaks and they seemed to be rounded as the approched -1dB( Soft Knee) So Has Zoom quietly fixed the over sensitive H2????

KT

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Has zoom recently fixed H2 clipping issues?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »
I'm really puzzled about how your recording turned out like that, but I'm sure someone would have responded if that was the case. The H2 is great as a point and shoot recorder for making decent tapes of rehearsals, but that's about it. Even if it were possible, Zoom wouldn't have gone to a lot of trouble to fix the clipping issue.

Obviously I'm biased. I paid top dollar for an H4 when it first came out-the worst taping equipment purchase of my life. I hate Zoom.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Has zoom recently fixed H2 clipping issues?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
Are you certain the limiter was switched off? Other thing is, a hot snare peak might sound better with a little squarewave distortion on it, so how do ya know?  ???
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com