Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Korg MR-1 file names, compression, etc.  (Read 1405 times)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Korg MR-1 file names, compression, etc.
« on: October 29, 2007, 09:54:25 PM »
OK, I have been playing with my Korg Mr1 for some time... and I was going to start to down-sample the recordings and compare them to my Edirol R09 recordings... but I am curious what people are doing with the following:

Directory names? (normally we have WAV16, FLAC16, WAV24, FLAC24)... this is 1 bit, so what are people doing?

Compression?  (normally we SHN or FLAC up the files, but neither can work with the 1bit files, is there a suggestion other than ZIP, RAR, TAR, etc to compact these files with no sound quality loss)

Info File tags?  (since we have to use audiogate to down-sample these files to something that SoundForge, CoolEdit, etc. can work with, how are people listing things in their info files)

Thanks for your input!

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Korg MR-1 file names, compression, etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:31:31 AM »
directory names...
I stick w/the flac16/24 standards.  there is absolutely nothing you can do w/the DSD files, so I make a sub directory called "DSD" in the main root directory of the show.  from here, I work on the masters and archive them (raw, no compression) on DVD as data.
personally, i wouldn't compress them for "archive sake".  thats just asking for trouble, imo. If something were to happen to the disc, the compressed files would be further affected (more lost data) than if it were just the raw uncompressed files there.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com