Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: using Sound Studio and xACT on a Mac  (Read 3495 times)

Offline wheresjerry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
using Sound Studio and xACT on a Mac
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
Question is:

After I use markers to split my large track into individual tracks using Sound Studio, they get named, marker 1, marker 2, marker 3 and so on.  I am using xACT to convert them to flac, etc...now there is a section in xACT for renaming the tracks into our usual format of...lnsybucknghm2011-10-19d1t10 or how ever we want, but how is this done so that when completed, and the disk burned using TOAST, I still see the trackes burned as Marker 1, and so on, tho in the folder is see it in our familiar format.....any help would be great!!

happy halloween!   >:D
Neumann. KM184>zoom f8,  pax 2 vaporizor, AlienEars, Neumann KM184,AKG 390 bodies w/ ck91and ck93 caps, Rode NT-4 ,  SP-CMC-25>battery box>Oade concert mod pmd 620......  and lot's a stuff....playback Yamaha rx-v 663,LG BD590, bose accumass 5 speakers, ears and AKG 701's....
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wheresjerry

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: using Sound Studio and xACT on a Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
I'm guessing that Sound Studio adds a tag in the wav header which gets copied as the song title when you encode to FLAC. I always tag my FLAC's so it overwrites those and when I burn in Toast the proper song title shows up.

If, for some weird reason, you don't want to tag the FLAC's with the song title you should be able to load the file in the Tags tab and check 'write empty tags' and it should overwrite the tags from SS with a blank tag.

Offline wheresjerry

• Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:01:03 AM »
OK, if it is easier, and I can write the tags in Sound Studio, can somebody tell me what I should check or not check when I select, split by markers from the file menu, enter what for text, etc....sorry if this sounds confusing, but I am not a technical writer....basically, how do you get the correct track name in our usual format to write...

Thanks for reply ash! 
Neumann. KM184>zoom f8,  pax 2 vaporizor, AlienEars, Neumann KM184,AKG 390 bodies w/ ck91and ck93 caps, Rode NT-4 ,  SP-CMC-25>battery box>Oade concert mod pmd 620......  and lot's a stuff....playback Yamaha rx-v 663,LG BD590, bose accumass 5 speakers, ears and AKG 701's....

Offline wheresjerry

• Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:29:40 AM »
 ;D

Got it, thanks Ash!  Took a bit of serious thought, but I was able to get it...Thanks again!

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 09:33:48 AM »
OK, if it is easier, and I can write the tags in Sound Studio,

Definitely NOT easier to write tags in Sound Studio. Just use xACT to write the tags. That's what it's there for.

basically, how do you get the correct track name in our usual format to write.

It sounds like what you are after is to have the FILE NAME also be the SONG TITLE. Can I ask why? Much easier to have the actual title of the song in there (unless you just don't know the setlist).

Offline wheresjerry

• Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »
Song name is not what I am doing.....I do know what you are saying though.  But what was happening was I could name the songs in the lnsybuknhm2011-10-19d1t01 format, but when I burned the songs in Toast, they would show up as 1Marker 01.wav instead of lnsybuknhm2011-10-19d1t01 and so on....I now have that part figured out, and if I want, I can add song names to each track based on setlist info.  Thanks!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com