Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

AKG 460 actives, mods?

(1/2) > >>

spott:
After I saw those for sale on ebay the other day I dusted off an old Phish show from 94 (FOB AKG460 > Teac DAP20) and it smokes... anyway with all that talk about mods I was wondering what people were modding on them (and where they were sending them). Also, are there actives for these mics??

Curious...
Spott

caymanreview:
there is a guy who does the mods... cant remeber the name right offhand, im sure someone will chime in

not sure on the actives... i dont believe there are

EA:
Jim Williams (www.audioupgrades.com) does the mods. It's pretty much a complete rebuild of the mics. Makes a world of difference. There were actives made that will, with adaptors, work with the 460's. But they're hard to come by, and they use the lower quality ckx caps.

Matt Quinn:
You don't actually need an adapter between the actives & bodies. The end that connects to the caps is a lemo connector, and the other end screws onto the 460's just like a ck 6x cap would.
I'll probably pick up a set of 61 caps and run some comps between those and the ck 1x's I have now. I also am going to get the Jim Williams mod for my bodies, hopefully before Fall Phish tour.    

caymanreview:
anyone have any idea just what mics he can mod?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version