Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

HELP-WTF: KM100s too large for a20s

(1/5) > >>

rabhan:
so, i am trying to get my km100s into these shockmounts and there is no way they will fit without MAJOR forcing and then it was almost impossible to get it out without almost snaping the rubber band thingy on the mount. i need some shockmounts for my km100s, should i just get the at8410a ones? +T's to all that reply with nonfluff. thanks!

Brian Skalinder:

--- Quote from: Rabhan on September 17, 2003, 10:58:11 PM ---so, i am trying to get my km100s into these shockmounts and there is no way they will fit without MAJOR forcing and then it was almost impossible to get it out without almost snaping the rubber band thingy on the mount. i need some shockmounts for my km100s, should i just get the at8410a ones? +T's to all that reply with nonfluff. thanks!

--- End quote ---

Jon, you're trying to run full bodies, right, instead of actives?  I assume so you can play with your spacing and angles a bit more flexibly than the ORTF/XY/(DIN) bar.

The Shure A53Ms (18.75mm) are nice, but I think too small for your 22mm mics.  I know the AT8410a and AT8415s would both work.  Maybe the Shure A55HM will work, too?

rabhan:
exactly......

out of the three you mentioned, which are the best?

Brian Skalinder:

--- Quote from: Rabhan on September 17, 2003, 11:20:21 PM ---exactly......

out of the three you mentioned, which are the best?

--- End quote ---

Never tried the Shure A55HM, so can't speak to those.  I've used both the AT8410a and 8415s.  Liked 'em both for different reasons.  I think because the KM100s are pretty short, they'll work better in the 8410s.  The 8415s are a bit more hassle to work with, but I like their form factor better.  I vote for the 8410as.

rabhan:
thanks! +T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version