Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Transcend SDHC?  (Read 6149 times)

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Transcend SDHC?
« on: August 08, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »
I've got a Transcend 8gb / class 6 sdhc card that I've been using for years in my Edirol R09 running 24/48.  I'm looking to buy a couple more for upcoming festival use.

I read somewhere the other day that current production runs of Transcend cards aren't as trustworthy now for digital audio.  Can anyone confirm or deny?

I'm looking at this item:
Transcend 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS8GSDHC6E, currently $11.99 on amazon.com.

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Transcend SDHC?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
I can't personally vouch for the reliability of Transcend SD cards as I've never used them, but I have heard the occasional report from a few different people that they don't play nice with some digital recorders and other devices.  Write errors, won't format properly or the card just unexpectedly goes teats-up.  That's been enough to keep me away from buying that brand.

I can tell you that I've used PNY (16gb, class 6), Kingston (8gb, class 4) and Sandisk (4gb, class 2) SDHC cards in my Edirol recorders for the past 3+ years and have never had a single bit of trouble with any of them.  On that note, there's a Kingston 8gb, class 4 MicroSD card listed on Amazon and Newegg that comes with an full-size SD adapter for around the same price as the Transcend.  The Kingston cards work well with Edirol recorders and, should you ever need it for a device that uses MicroSD cards (ie: Sony M-10), you can use it for that, too.

edit: added SD card sizes and classes
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:47:30 PM by Fried Chicken Boy »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com