Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nak 300 batteries & voltage question  (Read 6200 times)

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Nak 300 batteries & voltage question
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 06:07:56 PM »
The 9100 will power them if you wire them correctly.  I would assume run time on the battery would be shorter than say the ATs that draw less power.  I haven't ran a full show with the 9100/Nak 300s but do know for a fact they can be powered with the 9100.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 01:45:30 AM »
The mic preamp will draw far more current than the microphones. The CM-300 have a current draw of about 1mA. Powering the microphones via the 9100 should not shorten the run time very much.

Roger

Offline rsimms3

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 07:32:47 AM »
The mic preamp will draw far more current than the microphones. The CM-300 have a current draw of about 1mA. Powering the microphones via the 9100 should not shorten the run time very much.

Roger

That's good news!  Thanks.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline Gil

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 02:46:09 PM »

i dont mind (and actually like) running the full bodied naks, but hate paying 9 bucks for a battery.

I feltt he same way at one point. However, I'm almost on a year and a half with one pair of batteries. Not too shabby.
"Let's go do some crimes."

"To his mind, an opportunity to insult a successful ape came from the hand of Providence."

Teac ME-80(cards & omnis), AT943(hypers)>Tascam DR-2d

Offline bugg100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 04:21:54 PM »
So it turns out my problem was with the switch, contact cleaner has fixed this for now.  Cool to know about the lithium battery, though. Thanks, Roger!

Thanks to rsimms, I have the parts on hand to make a back end for the  attenuator and capsule, ala franken-mod, just no mod.  That faucet adapter was what I was searching for.....  I'll shoot photos as I make this up.

Next issue on the horizon, my pre (9100) puts out around 5.5 volts.... We'll see how it goes, a minimum of money invested on the parts.....

Thanks, all and +t!

Joe

Offline rsimms3

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »
So it turns out my problem was with the switch, contact cleaner has fixed this for now.  Cool to know about the lithium battery, though. Thanks, Roger!

Thanks to rsimms, I have the parts on hand to make a back end for the  attenuator and capsule, ala franken-mod, just no mod.  That faucet adapter was what I was searching for.....  I'll shoot photos as I make this up.

Next issue on the horizon, my pre (9100) puts out around 5.5 volts.... We'll see how it goes, a minimum of money invested on the parts.....

Thanks, all and +t!

Joe

Cool, glad I could help.  I look forward to the pictures.  I recently bought 3 full body/cap/attenuators and have been racking my brain about how to be able to do Sank mod or something similar and the Franken style mod so that you could go either way.  I don't want to hack the bodies off and gut them just to use in my shockmounts.  The problem is that the attenuator screws onto the body which would twist any wire connectors bad ala a short mini-XLR cable. 
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline bugg100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »

Cool, glad I could help.  I look forward to the pictures.  I recently bought 3 full body/cap/attenuators and have been racking my brain about how to be able to do Sank mod or something similar and the Franken style mod so that you could go either way.  I don't want to hack the bodies off and gut them just to use in my shockmounts.  The problem is that the attenuator screws onto the body which would twist any wire connectors bad ala a short mini-XLR cable. 

Yeah, I saw that thread a little too late!  I think we should be able to get a cable set that screws on and off the atten. at will with no mod.  I'm pretty sure my 9100v.3 only does 5.5 volts though.  What kind if performance would that give?  I can't check it now as it is on the way to Mountain Fest.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com