Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CA11 omni or CA14 omni?  (Read 3278 times)

Offline AndyLGR

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
CA11 omni or CA14 omni?
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:00:22 AM »
Does anyone have any experience of using these mics to offer a comparison in terms of quality and which to get? I'll be using them for mainly taping outdoors at festivals.

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CA11 omni or CA14 omni?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:49:34 AM »
Does anyone have any experience of using these mics to offer a comparison in terms of quality and which to get? I'll be using them for mainly taping outdoors at festivals.

See here... Chris explained it pretty clearly:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=162689.msg2045114#msg2045114

The text of concern for your question is:

The ca-11 omni are the flattest mics I make right now. And in some situations thats what you want. these capsules do not remove from the body. I can under special request make a set that will work with cards and omni caps but they must be ordered at the same time. The threads are slightly different on these capsules.

The ca-14 omni are not as flat but still sound good. They seem to have slightly less bottom end than the ca-11 omni II does. In some situations thats a good thing.

[ ... edit... ]

When I posted and said the ca-11 II omni was my best mic I was speaking of the flatness for me being a audio geek I have always been trying to get a flatter sounding mic. But again every single situation is different. I usually recommend mics based on what my customers are doing at the time they place an order. I just have alot of experience with my own mics obviously I make them. So If anyone has any doubts always send me a quick email and I will be glad to answer questions about my gear and where and when would be the best time to use it.

I cant obviously answer questions about what recorder setting to use.. Or what gain settings to use. I can only speak in general terms because I don't know how loud your concert is.. But I can give you good advice on placement on the body. Like any mics the higher on your body the better they will sound all of my mics have been designed to sound better with a boundary * your head * between them. The bigger the boundary the better your left right stereo separation will be.

Offline AndyLGR

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:02:48 AM »
I ended up going for the CA11 omnis, looking forward to them arriving and then trying them out in a few weeks at an outdoor gig.

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »
Congrats!  You won't be disappointed at all with the 11's.    Best sounding omnis out there in the sub-$500 category right now, IMHO.

Offline AndyLGR

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 05:45:45 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I'll be trying them out this coming weekend.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com