Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: good Mount for Oktava's?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Danner130

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
good Mount for Oktava's?
« on: January 24, 2006, 09:57:30 PM »
Hi, I'm just getting into taping and looking for some gear advice.

I've got two Oktava MK012's and right now I'm running them into an M-Audio Audio Buddy preamp and then into a PreSonus Inspire 1394 to my Mac.

Anyway, I'm using two separate mic stands and cant get the mics positioned for good stereo imaging at 90, 110 degrees, coincident, etc.  I have a lot trial and error to go on mic placement, so I need a mount that can give me choices.

What I would like advice on is this:   What is a good set-up for mounting these two MK012's on a single stand, and what shock mounts will fit these mics?  Please give me specifics on manufacturers and model numbers.  I will blindly trust you and order from B&H.  Thanks,,,,  a million,,,,

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: good Mount for Oktava's?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 10:32:30 PM »
Most shockmounts are made to handle a reasonable variety of small diaphragm condensor mic diameters.  Others accept only very specific mic diameters.  Some of the most common shockmounts are listed here:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=2457.0

Als, you'll want a mounting bar of some kind to run both mics on the same stand, like the ones listed here:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=2458.0

You'll find a lot of the basic info about gear we use listed in the Archive forums, or within the appropriate forum.  Most are fairly easily found using the Search engine.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Danner130

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: good Mount for Oktava's?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 10:09:14 AM »
Thank you Brian, just what I was looking for.  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.182 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com