Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help on a Sony one point ECM-MS907 mike  (Read 1494 times)

Offline wppcproductions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Need help on a Sony one point ECM-MS907 mike
« on: August 28, 2007, 08:35:37 PM »
Hi guys, is this a good mike for any live stealth recording, also what settings I should use on it.also what are the freq specs on it.The eqiupment it will be used on is a Sony MZ-R900 MD recorder.and maybe soon a Edirol recorder.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Need help on a Sony one point ECM-MS907 mike
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 09:24:38 PM »
There are better in about the 100 to 200 dollar range.  That mic apparently does not have good bass.  Try Sound Professionals or Microphone Madness for some good reworked mics from Audio Technica and Sennheiser, professional microphone manufacturers.     8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
It's a good budget mic for voice recording and use with camcorders.  I have 2 MS908C mics which are basically the same.  I use them on my camcorders but I always record from the soundboard also and use that track.

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 11:42:56 PM »
This mic gets a bad rap...  as it may deserve, but you can still get pretty good recordings with it.  Try it out...  I bet you'll be happy!  I think it does better than most people usually assume!!! 

Make sure you use a "AA" in it, plug it into the mic input on your MD, use manual recording level on MD, hit record!  Very simple!!!  The switch on the mic is for either a 90 degree angle or a 120 degree angle.  Use the 90degree setting (if you're further away from the sound source), and use the 120degree setting if the mic is up on-stage or are very close to the sound source.  Where ever the mic is pointing, picture it being at the 45degree position of a right angle....  (if it's set to the 90 degree setting)....  So it'll be more acute.  The 120 degree will be more obtuse (wider angle), picture the mic at the 60degree position of a 120degree angle.  This might sound confusing, but it's not! 

Frequency response:  100 - 15,000 Hz

Let me know if ya need any other info, as I'm fairly familiar with this mic. 

>>>Good luck...  have fun!!!<<<

.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.2 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com