Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 2046 times)

Offline auroboros

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Help needed
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »
Hi folks. I have a problem hopefully you can help me with. The last two shows i recorded (tori amos last year) and Bjork (last night at sydney opera house) have come with weird static/clipping that happens every so often throughout the recordings (regularly enough to annoy a listener). The wierd thing is that it only happens in one channel. The tori show the right channel had the problem and last night at bjork the left channel had the problem.

My rig is Soundman OKMII rock-studio > Adapter A3 > Microtrack through the line in 1/4 TRS connection.

here are some pics and audio sample to show you what im talking about...
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/auroboros/clippingonechannelToriAmos.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/auroboros/clippingonechannelBjork.jpg
http://www.2shared.com/file/2756276/e95f2986/Exampleofchannelstatic.html

Im off to bed but il check back in the morning to see if i can be helped. Many thanks

Chris.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:16:52 PM by lateral_us »
OKM II R, CA-14 cards, Marantz EM-8
E.A.A. PSP-2, CA-9100
Sony PCM-D50

Jesu medela vulnerum spes una poenitentium per Magdalenae lacrymas peccata nostra diluas.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 12:12:49 PM »
The first step is to reproduce the problem at home. Then try and isolate it to one channel and one piece of gear.

You may have a hummidity problem with your mics or maybe a cable issue, etc.

That type of noise can be easily found and fixed since it stands out so much.

Offline auroboros

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »
seems to be a problem with my microtrack. ive since tried some simple field recording with different mics in line in and mic in and it does the same.
OKM II R, CA-14 cards, Marantz EM-8
E.A.A. PSP-2, CA-9100
Sony PCM-D50

Jesu medela vulnerum spes una poenitentium per Magdalenae lacrymas peccata nostra diluas.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »
seems to be a problem with my microtrack. ive since tried some simple field recording with different mics in line in and mic in and it does the same.

What other mics did you try with you mt?
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »
Clean your jacks and plugs on all your cables.  Oil can accumulate and lead to static when the connection is turned in the jack.  Easily repeatable at home... Plug in, power up, set record, monitor w/ phones, and twist cables.... 

If this is your prob, get some 92% alcohol at the drug store and a dental/gum brush (oralB with a cap), clean both jacks and plugs.  Do not get extra alcohol in the player, gravity should be your friend not your enemy (brush up in the air, deck upside down).

Hopefully, it will be this easy and cheap fix.  Oh yeah, QUIT touching the bare metal of all your plugs......

Good luck,
Joe

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »
Clean your jacks and plugs on all your cables.  Oil can accumulate and lead to static when the connection is turned in the jack.  Easily repeatable at home... Plug in, power up, set record, monitor w/ phones, and twist cables.... 

If this is your prob, get some 92% alcohol at the drug store and a dental/gum brush (oralB with a cap), clean both jacks and plugs.  Do not get extra alcohol in the player, gravity should be your friend not your enemy (brush up in the air, deck upside down).

Hopefully, it will be this easy and cheap fix.  Oh yeah, QUIT touching the bare metal of all your plugs......

Good luck,
Joe

Or better yet you guys that are really into taping and have lots of connections should invest in this....

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1703/.f?sc=2&category=188
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com