Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I'll show you mine if you show me yours...  (Read 3621 times)

Offline mullet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
« on: May 27, 2004, 04:15:30 AM »
Hey Guys,

I'm kind of new to these boards but not new to videotaping. I'm wondering what others use as far as videotaping gear both stealth and non-stealth...

I use a Sony PC100 1 chip camera and a Bogen monopod with extender legs. Also I use varizoom's stealth zoom controller. This set up works great for stealthing. When I'm legitamately videotaping, I use a Panasonic DVX100A and bogen tripod.

Peace,
Mullet

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul.
Re:I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 11:47:38 PM »
Usually don't stealth vid because I'm too busy stealthing the audio, but when I have, I used the Sony TRV33. When I am allowed, I use 4 or 5 TRV33's on one to 5 tripods, heres me with 4 on one.

www.dvnaudio.net/rig/4cam1.jpg
www.dvnaudio.net/rig/4cam2.jpg

-dvn
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re:I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 03:13:10 PM »
sony trv18 with sonic studios mics going in.

i should try stealthing more.  if only i wasn't so bad at it.

Offline ChitownTaper

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 11:52:23 AM »
I'm usually using an XL1, GL1 or the new Panasonic 3ccd depending on what i'm doing (for single camera stuff).  And then KM184>USBpre1.5>G4 Powerbook for the audio.  Synced in Vegas or FCP depending on the platform.

Coming up I have a 10 cam shoot at the Metro in Chicago and I'll have...
3 XL1's, a GL1, 3 of the new Panasonic 3CCD cams, and then 2 of sony's midpriced (around a grand each, i don't remember model numbers) cams and a midpriced Canon.  Then I'm gonna drop a DAT in the house deck, and run KM184>Audiomagic Xstream XLR>USB Pre1.5>G4 Powerbook (w/ a D7 DAT backup).  And I'm settin up to do surround so i'll have MK012>MV100>D7 for the rear speakers and I'm not sure what I'm gonna set up for the center.  All the video will be edited in Final Cut Pro HD and After Effects 6, titling in LiveType, and DVD authoring in DVD Studio Pro 2.

I'll post samples if anyone's interested.

Cal

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 12:52:10 PM »
sounds  like you've covered all your bases w/that setup!

what is the act? must be a large arrangement to warrant using 10 cameras???   :o

would love to see a sample or final product when you are thru.

cheers.

Offline ChitownTaper

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 01:01:11 PM »
They're called the Dog and Everything (www.thedogandeverything.com or samples at: www.purevolume.com/thedogandeverything).  They're actually just a 4 piece, but I want all my bases covered.  A couple of the cameras are mounted.  Like one mounted in the balcony just on the drummer, and one on a 10' stand elevated behind the drummer to face the crowd.

We're gonna be selling them, and I want to make sure it gets covered.  Plus (and i know all fans of unsigned bands say this) they're about to blow up and it'll be good to have a solid DVD done before that happens.

I'll throw up some samples when I'm done.  It'll be a lonnnnnnnnng process, but I hope to have it done by the end of july.

Have a good fourth!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com