Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PS-2 > Sonosax?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
PS-2 > Sonosax?
« on: June 25, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »
If I wanted to extend the runtime of a Sonosax using only 9V internal batteries, could I power my mic with a PS-2 and run line-in to the Sax w/phantom turned off? I think this should work, but I couldn't find an instance where anyone had tried it. I thought of using pricey 9V lithiums, but I already have a cheap, long-term battery solution for my PS-2. Thanks.
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline dank

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • cold irons bound
Re: PS-2 > Sonosax?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 05:07:03 PM »
That would work fine, but you would still run mic-in with phantom off, not line-in. You are using the PS-2 only for power, remember.

EDIT: There is no line-in. Just turn the 'mic power' switch off and youre good to go.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:09:02 PM by dank »
Mics: DPA 4021, AT 933, AKG CK31, CK32
Pre:  Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Oade ACM PMD660, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-2D, Sony PCM-M10[x2]
DIME List: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=919941

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 10:42:16 PM »
If I wanted to extend the runtime of a Sonosax using only 9V internal batteries, could I power my mic with a PS-2 and run line-in to the Sax w/phantom turned off? I think this should work, but I couldn't find an instance where anyone had tried it. I thought of using pricey 9V lithiums, but I already have a cheap, long-term battery solution for my PS-2. Thanks.

You might also check out the new rechargeable lithium-ion 9Vs that recently have come onto the market.  They have about the same life as alkhiline 9Vs (over double the NiMH 9Vs, which are pretty useless).  Get the 500 mAh rated ones, not the 400s. 

Jeff

Offline brianp

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Shows I've taped on LMA
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:45:26 PM »

You might also check out the new rechargeable lithium-ion 9Vs that recently have come onto the market.  They have about the same life as alkhiline 9Vs (over double the NiMH 9Vs, which are pretty useless).  Get the 500 mAh rated ones, not the 400s. 

Jeff

Jeff,
Can you post a link to those rechargeable Lithium-ion 9V batteries? I did a search and came up with nothing. thanks.
SBD>MR>C>D>CD>EAC>SHN

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:52:05 PM »

Jeff

Jeff,
Can you post a link to those rechargeable Lithium-ion 9V batteries? I did a search and came up with nothing. thanks.

www.ipowerus.com

I think I found it a month back on another ts thread.  They sell them along with a four battery charger that can be switched to recharge the NiMH and NiCAD 9Vs as well.  The lithium 9Vs are much lighter than normal 9Vs, about .95 oz vs. about 1.6 oz.  I have only tested them at home, not done any runtime tests yet.

Jeff

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com