Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie ready to purchase a few more questions  (Read 1678 times)

Offline thekid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Newbie ready to purchase a few more questions
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:02:39 AM »
I have ordered the Edirol R-09HR and now am wanting to order the mic's. I have decided to order the 9100 from Church but need advice on the mic's. I listen to many types of music and am looking for something that is versatile. I will be doing some taping by stealth as well as some open taping. I thought about the hat from SP as an option for stealth as the croakies look a little out of place with the glasses I wear. My question is if I was going to order the above set up should I get the CA-11's or the 14's? What else would I need as far as accesories, ie clips, etc? If anyone want's to PM me in regards to the stealth please feel free. Thanks for the help I have learned a lot from this forum.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Newbie ready to purchase a few more questions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »
There are plenty of threads like this so don't be shy and start reading the threads.

Go for the CA14 omnis. I would opt out for the clips since they are permanent.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »
I think that SP hat looks fugly and screams "HEY TAPING HERE."  Get some detatchable clips for the mics for versatility.

I like the sound of the 14 series over the 11, but the only drawback is that there are no interchangable caps with the 14's, so choose wisely, card or omni.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:20:47 AM by Belexes »
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Jeremy Lykins

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
I also like the sound of the CA-14's better, but like Belexes said you can get interchangeable caps with the CA-11's (I did) plus the windscreens aren't permanent on the CA-11's so I would think that they would be easier to stealth. 

Offline thekid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 01:21:13 PM »
Thank you for the responses, I think I will go for the CA-11's due to fact they are interchangable. I can always spend more $ later (if my wife will let me). I could always ship the goods to work   >:D.

Offline deadheadcorey

• HOME TEAM Tapir
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • think for yourself, question authority
    • My Recordings on the LMA
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
Thank you for the responses, I think I will go for the CA-11's due to fact they are interchangable. I can always spend more $ later (if my wife will let me). I could always ship the goods to work   >:D.

this is a great option to have, best to luck mate  :coolguy:
mics: Audix M1245a-HC; AKG SE300B/CK91; Naiant X-O (hanging in the sweet spot @ Quixote's True Blue)
pres: Oade T+ UA-5; digimod UA-5
recs: R-09x3

iso: 2 ck93 caps
iso: pair of AT4041 mics

Official Archivist for Grant Farm

http://www.facebook.com/kindrecordingscolorado

Jerry Joseph rap during 'Conscious Contact'
"Life's pretty good. life's pretty good. it isn't all good.
I hate it when people tell me its all good. it's not all good.
it's not suppose to be all good. it's suppose to be bad sometimes so you can enjoy the good parts."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com