Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)  (Read 132323 times)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Re: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)
« Reply #495 on: January 04, 2023, 12:00:55 PM »
Did you try running the deck plugged into a brick battery? It works for me and probably adds a week of use and you would fill the memory card before the battery dies

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #496 on: January 04, 2023, 01:28:17 PM »
Anyone find a battery that works well for this purpose!

Did you try running the deck plugged into a brick battery? It works for me and probably adds a week of use and you would fill the memory card before the battery dies
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 > Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline nulldogmas

• Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #498 on: January 04, 2023, 03:56:24 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-High-Speed-Technology/dp/B0194WDVHI/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3OOG9D32VW8MP&keywords=anker%2B10000%2Bpower%2Bbank&qid=1672857257&sprefix=anker%2B10000%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-4&th=1

Yep, I've used that Anker, it's awesome. Haven't run the A10 while plugged into it, but can't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

In my experience the A10 and M10 have comparable battery life — I'm curious, RyanJ, did you get longer battery life from the M10 while powering mics off it? That would be expected to draw down the battery more quickly.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #499 on: January 04, 2023, 05:27:03 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-High-Speed-Technology/dp/B0194WDVHI/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3OOG9D32VW8MP&keywords=anker%2B10000%2Bpower%2Bbank&qid=1672857257&sprefix=anker%2B10000%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-4&th=1

Yep, I've used that Anker, it's awesome. Haven't run the A10 while plugged into it, but can't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

Amazon says that model was first available in 2015. If they never made more than one batch, the battery cells could now be 8 years old.
I dunno how long these things last, but you might want to pick a newer product....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:29:17 PM by morst »
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #500 on: January 04, 2023, 06:04:53 PM »
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline RyanJ

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Nine Inch Nails Live Archive
« Reply #501 on: January 04, 2023, 07:53:56 PM »
In my experience the A10 and M10 have comparable battery life — I'm curious, RyanJ, did you get longer battery life from the M10 while powering mics off it? That would be expected to draw down the battery more quickly.

Using the same mics (AT853 with 4.7k mod) and using plugin power on both. I usually get about 30 hours with the M10 and about 7hr (one trial) with the A10. I will say that even after a 3-4 hour show, my battery is already 1/2 drained on all 3 A10s I have. All starting at the same time and not powering the mics.
http://www.ninlive.com]
http://www.ryanjonik.com
Mics: Schoeps MK4s, AT853 (4.7k mod)
Pre: Naiant IPA v1.0, Babynbox
Recorders: M10, A10, Zoom F8n, Marantz PMD-620 (Concert Mod), TCD-D8
Transfers: Everything you want

Offline kozakz

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #502 on: January 05, 2023, 06:02:46 AM »
When I put the Sony A10 on a rolled up microphone cable with P48 the periodic click start to happen. If I remove from the cables the click disappear.

Tested with AT3032 - Klotz cabels - Littlebox - Sony A10

This continous clicking happened to me only once when I left my mobile home and adjusted the recoding volume manually.

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #503 on: January 18, 2023, 01:18:29 PM »
I am planning on buying a sony A-10 and want to run DPA 4080s into the ext. mic input using a y adaptor(micro dot into stereo mini plug), is this deck capable of supplying power using plug in power without a battery box? I've spoken to Len at Core sound and would like to just plug in and go as sensitive metal detectors seem all the rage in Seattle these days. Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
« Reply #504 on: January 18, 2023, 04:48:40 PM »
When I put the Sony A10 on a rolled up microphone cable with P48 the periodic click start to happen. If I remove from the cables the click disappear.

Tested with AT3032 - Klotz cabels - Littlebox - Sony A10

This continous clicking happened to me only once when I left my mobile home and adjusted the recoding volume manually.
sounds like the cables may be the issue, have you tried to duplicate this with a different recorder?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline zeus163

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #505 on: January 20, 2023, 08:14:23 AM »
I am planning on buying a sony A-10 and want to run DPA 4080s into the ext. mic input using a y adaptor(micro dot into stereo mini plug), is this deck capable of supplying power using plug in power without a battery box? I've spoken to Len at Core sound and would like to just plug in and go as sensitive metal detectors seem all the rage in Seattle these days. Bob
You hit the nail on the head with our local Seattle venues and sensitive metal detectors. I've also been thinking about a DPA set-up as well, with a similar cable. However, I was thinking of pairing it up with this SP key fob battery box:
https://soundprofessionals.com/product/SP-SPSB-20/
When I flew to Germany for some Cure shows back in November, my friend, that I was staying with told me about the SP battery box his friend had that looked like a key fob. When I got home, I asked SP about it and they started selling them again. I'm thinking this could be a good pick-up.
Kangol wearing fool...

Offline mrfender

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #506 on: January 20, 2023, 12:57:51 PM »
You hit the nail on the head with our local Seattle venues and sensitive metal detectors. I've also been thinking about a DPA set-up as well, with a similar cable. However, I was thinking of pairing it up with this SP key fob battery box:
When I flew to Germany for some Cure shows back in November, my friend, that I was staying with told me about the SP battery box his friend had that looked like a key fob. When I got home, I asked SP about it and they started selling them again. I'm thinking this could be a good pick-up.
That looks cool, wish I hadn't bought a different BB a couple months ago.
DR2d, DR-05, DR-22wl, DR-40, DR-44wl, DR-608, PCM-M10, Roland R-07, PCM, PCM-A10
CA-14 card/omni, AT853 cards/omni, Nak CM-300 cards/omni, Line Audio CM4

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #507 on: January 23, 2023, 09:46:48 AM »

Battery Boxes supplying more than 9V are NOT recommended for the DPA 406X series mics!!

I don't think that I would use this 12V battery box with a DPA setup: 

"You hit the nail on the head with our local Seattle venues and sensitive metal detectors. I've also been thinking about a DPA set-up as well, with a similar cable. However, I was thinking of pairing it up with this SP key fob battery box:

When I flew to Germany for some Cure shows back in November, my friend, that I was staying with told me about the SP battery box his friend had that looked like a key fob. When I got home, I asked SP about it and they started selling them again. I'm thinking this could be a good pick-up."
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #508 on: February 05, 2023, 01:55:28 PM »
I have two A-10s.  Neither will connect to Bluetooth on a Samsung A51.  Anyone else have this issue with Samsung phones?
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Offline loughney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • YouTube show clips
« Reply #509 on: February 05, 2023, 02:19:51 PM »

Using the same mics (AT853 with 4.7k mod) and using plugin power on both. I usually get about 30 hours with the M10 and about 7hr (one trial) with the A10. I will say that even after a 3-4 hour show, my battery is already 1/2 drained on all 3 A10s I have. All starting at the same time and not powering the mics.
What are you recording at?  I've noticed recording quality has a big impact.  Also, memory cards will also impact battery life.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com