Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom F3  (Read 69753 times)

Offline sdbirder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Zoom F3
« Reply #285 on: December 13, 2022, 01:40:16 PM »
Bummer, for what it is worth,

https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-TS32GUSD300S-UHS-I-MicroSD-Memory/dp/B07CD9QYNM

This I have used in the field and sofar no problem. It is on the tested list from Zoom.

I remember from earlier threads from different recorder that it is wise to format in the recorder prior to recording. Something I always do.

Here's another card I've had good luck with so far. It's also UHS-II which makes for very fast transfers in a UHS-II card reader.
ProGrade Digital 128GB UHS-II microSDXC Memory Card with SD Adapter
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1560273-REG/prograde_digital_pgmsd128gbpbh_128gb_microsdxc_uhs_ii_memory.html

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #286 on: December 13, 2022, 07:28:40 PM »
Update on my friend's F3:

After I had him get a different card on the tested list, he ran into the same problems. After contacting Zoom support, they had him send it in. His unit was in fact defective, and they send him a replacement that has been working perfectly.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2023, 06:53:28 AM »

Thinking about getting one of these for Jazzfest taping this year. I like the idea of not having to do any level setting just get in place and hit record.

Any thoughts on the practicality of it for running in a pocket? A couple of the shows I plan to tape are seated in the Jazz Tent with mics in a hat. The rest are out in the open on a stand out of doors.

Probably be using it with Line Audio CM3s or maybe MBHO KA500 if I have that setup built up by then.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2023, 10:43:49 AM »
You'll need a good deep pocket to really fit it comfortably. I've often times just left it in a coat jacket since it's profile stands so high with the belt loops on the back.
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2023, 06:32:02 PM »
Thinking of picking up one for shits and gigs, but if it can’t get 3 hours on Powerex 2650 then not bueno. Anybody do a battery test?
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline BlueSky71

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2023, 08:50:28 AM »
Thinking of picking up one for shits and gigs, but if it can’t get 3 hours on Powerex 2650 then not bueno. Anybody do a battery test?

You will get 3-4 hours depending in your mics. I just had one die this weekend that was running phantom at the 3 hours, 6 minutes at 32/48 with display ON. deleepow 3400mWh YMMV I need to repeat test with display OFF.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 03:21:01 PM by BlueSky71 »

Offline mepaca

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taperssection member
« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2023, 12:50:57 PM »
I get over 8 hours on a set of Energizer lithiums.

Offline BlueSky71

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2023, 03:23:29 PM »

That is great to know. Display on or off out of curiosity and Phantom? I tested this before with alkalines and got just under 4 hours. The lithiums you speak of are throwaways? Just curious. I run an outboard pack when there is any question of set length.

Offline grawk

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2023, 04:39:27 PM »
you can use usb-c power to overlap while you swap rechargeables too
4015gs/4018vlgs/kk14->mma:a d-vice/sonosax minir82/sonosax sx-m2d2/nagra vi/lectrosonics spdr

Offline mepaca

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taperssection member
« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2023, 11:24:36 AM »

That is great to know. Display on or off out of curiosity and Phantom? I tested this before with alkalines and got just under 4 hours. The lithiums you speak of are throwaways? Just curious. I run an outboard pack when there is any question of set length.

Yes, the throwaways. Display on, phantom on running Schoeps capsules with a pfa.

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Return of the Shredi
« Reply #295 on: February 27, 2023, 02:35:54 PM »
I plan to make a detailed thread with pictures shortly but I did go to the next level in taking the thing apart. I think maybe we can ditch this giant hunk of metal, possibly.
Anyway, I pulled the back half of the plastic clamshell off past the battery spring, which wasn't actually too difficult.
Then I still didn't see the mount screws for the metal part so I went the next step and pulled the mic input subassembly. This slid out pretty easily, but at this point there's one of those plastic trace cables which are oh so delicate. I'd broken one on a point and shoot in the past, and I have to say I hate them. So this tucks in oddly on the side and pulling the mic sub out is likely to damage it. Be super careful at this point and if you try to do what I'm doing take some pictures. I did see two of the mount screws for the metal frame at this point but the other two presumably are under the main circuit board. This is where I gave up on this try and will try again possibly, though I'm close to breaking it if I haven't already. Maybe the thing to do would be to pull out the plastic trace cable from the mic sub before sliding it out.
Where do people host pictures for this board? Just your Google Drive? Photobucket is kind of defunct.

I think you can get 3 hours out of it with Powerex but not with a comfortable margin of error. I recorded Midnight North and then Phil without powering down during set breaks, missed most of Phil's second set. You can bring a phone charger unit for the hot swap or additional time. I mean to test what happens when the external runs out. My 20AH Energizer pack goes for days.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 04:44:03 PM by eman »
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2023, 01:21:55 PM »
You can post pictures directly. Under the box for typing a reply, it says "Attachments and other options". Click that and you get a "Choose File" button.

"Allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpg, jpeg, mp3, ogg, pdf, torrent, txt, shn, wav, zip
Restrictions: 10 per post, maximum total size 7500KB, maximum individual size 750KB"

Offline eman

• Return of the Shredi
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2023, 01:27:24 PM »
Clamshell coming apart after removing the 4 tiny screws from the back and two of the XLR mount screws. At this point you need a screwdriver under one of the battery springs.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline eman

• Return of the Shredi
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2023, 01:28:37 PM »
Pulling out the mic input sub I didn't pay attention enough and this was the result. Do this slowly and keep an eye on this attachment cable. I assumed it would be some wire cables to the main. You can see the two screws that I think hold the metal frame on. Presumably there are 2 more under the main board. It would have been nice to have these removeable from the front of the unit and then we could have just slid it off.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 06:43:20 PM by eman »

Offline eman

• Return of the Shredi
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2023, 01:29:38 PM »
It took a bit of prodding and stuffing but I got this back where it belonged and put it back together.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com