Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Cassette resurgence

<< < (2/2)

gormenghast:
I play cassettes all the time.  A record store I used to go to had a bunch of jazz cassettes he would sell for $1 each or better if I bought more.  Of course for the classic rock stuff like Led Zeppelin he was asking way too much.  I bought maybe 50 or more cassettes from that guy.  Another record store with better prices for records has cassettes but I think I have enough for now.

I do have a big box of XLII's with Pearl Jam concerts on them from my trading days. 

I've made some mix tapes and got my daughter into making them for her friends---she's my analog kid who prefers records ( and film ) and has a nice collection going.

As for the new stuff coming out on cassette--there are bands putting stuff out on minidisc too!

mountainhop:
lol whats next, DAT?

jefflester:

--- Quote from: mountainhop on October 20, 2022, 10:35:39 PM ---lol whats next, DAT?

--- End quote ---
DCC baby!

BusDriver:
It's a good time to sell cassette equipment.  In the last six months I've sold off portable cassette recorders "for parts or repair" at silly high prices, not as high as some. Sony WM-D6(c)'s seem to be  particularly in demand. $200-400 not working, $600-$1200 for restored or New in Box.  My unused D6 strap was bid up to $60. I don't get it. Club posers?   Golly, I wish I still had them.       Looking at the ton of cassettes next.  Any of you still actively using Betamax ?  There still seem to be many purchasing prerecorded tape stock, but for what purpose ?

mountainhop:

--- Quote from: BusDriver on October 29, 2022, 07:33:49 PM ---It's a good time to sell cassette equipment.  In the last six months I've sold off portable cassette recorders "for parts or repair" at silly high prices, not as high as some. Sony WM-D6(c)'s seem to be  particularly in demand. $200-400 not working, $600-$1200 for restored or New in Box.  My unused D6 strap was bid up to $60. I don't get it. Club posers?   Golly, I wish I still had them.       Looking at the ton of cassettes next.  Any of you still actively using Betamax ?  There still seem to be many purchasing prerecorded tape stock, but for what purpose ?

--- End quote ---
thanks for the heads up, i have a stack of old decks that were previously determined to expensive to rebuild

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version