Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Vintage Cassette Deck Question

<< < (2/6) > >>

capnhook:

--- Quote from: dyneq on December 15, 2022, 05:30:13 PM ---Nice deck with great features for transferring!

Interesting, I've never seen a deck with an output level option since receivers expect a fixed, line level output. From the service manual I found:

--- Quote ---When playing back a reference tape (160 nwb/m), a reference playback level (0dB) is obtained with these controls set to the "6" click stop position.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I would get out a sharpie and make a mark  :suds: good find, dyneq

moondust.and.solitude:

--- Quote from: dyneq on December 15, 2022, 05:30:13 PM ---Nice deck with great features for transferring!

Interesting, I've never seen a deck with an output level option since receivers expect a fixed, line level output. From the service manual I found:

--- Quote ---When playing back a reference tape (160 nwb/m), a reference playback level (0dB) is obtained with these controls set to the "6" click stop position.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I really appreciate the help!!

moondust.and.solitude:

--- Quote from: capnhook on December 15, 2022, 06:12:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Done and done. I used a black wax pen to make a small dot (in case I want to sell it one day, the dot will easily come off). Thanks for the great suggestion.

capnhook:

--- Quote from: moondust.and.solitude on December 15, 2022, 06:17:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: capnhook on December 15, 2022, 06:12:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Done and done. I used a black wax pen to make a small dot (in case I want to sell it one day, the dot will easily come off). Thanks for the great suggestion.

--- End quote ---

It is fortunate that you'll be able to adjust left and right independently, too.  Good if you have to make a coarse balance adjustment, "pre-post"

morst:

--- Quote from: dyneq on December 15, 2022, 05:30:13 PM ---Interesting, I've never seen a deck with an output level option since receivers expect a fixed, line level output.

--- End quote ---
Nakamichi BX-125 has an output level control:
The manual says "Serves to adjust the line output and the headphone output level"
see page 4, #10
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/994703/Nakamichi-Bx-125e.html?page=4#manual

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version