Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Foobar Live ShowTagger issues  (Read 7234 times)

Offline yousef

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Foobar Live ShowTagger issues
« on: January 14, 2023, 10:23:57 AM »
I've been using this relatively problem free for years but have hit a bit of an issue when tagging others' files.

I've downloaded a collection of Van Morrison outtakes from Dime but the files are untagged. I loaded the FLACs into Foobar, used the automatic track numbering function and then attempted to use the Live Show Tagger to tag them using a freshly prepared info file, named "VM Studio Demos info.txt", text as below:

Van Morrison
Studio Demos 1968-1971 

01 The Way Young Lovers Do
02 Ballerina
03 And It Stoned Me
04 Caravan
05 Come Running
06 These Dreams Of You
07 Brand New Day
08 Domino (3:56)
09 If I Ever Needed Someone
10 Wild Night
11 When That Evening Sun Goes Down
12 Nobody Really Knows
13 Bit By Bit
14 Hey Where Are You
15 I Need Your Kind Of Loving
16 Lorna
17 Rock And Roll Band
18 Funny Face

I removed the original text file from the directory to avoid any conflict but Foobar seems to want to ignore the new info file, prefering to look to an unrelated text file in the directory above the one the FLACs are stored in. I tried to point Foobar to the correct file using the "load" function in LST and although this brings up the tracklist in the right hand window, it blanks out the file list in the left hand window...

I deleted the file in the parent directory to see if that helps but Foobar then found another text file there to look at...

A similar thing happened with a torrent I downloaded yesterday but deleting the erronous file allowed Foobar/LST to see the good one.

Is this just a weird bug or am I doing something wrong here?
music>other stuff>ears
my recordings: http://db.etree.org/yousef
http://www.manchestertaper.co.uk
twitter: @manchestertaper

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Foobar Live ShowTagger issues
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 02:02:06 PM »
You are working on a copy, you say?
No chance that you left the torrent live and it keeps trying to put your data back?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline yousef

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 03:47:10 PM »
Yep, copy in a new directory - and my torrent client is shut...

You are working on a copy, you say?
No chance that you left the torrent live and it keeps trying to put your data back?
music>other stuff>ears

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 10:26:31 PM »
Make a new subfolder in the directory of your media files you're trying to update, move the files to the new subfolder, and try again.

I sometimes get similar issues with the Foobar Live Showtagger in certain directories and usually adding another layer fixes my problem.

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 05:11:45 PM »
At the start did you:

Highlight the files > right click > Remove tags
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 07:29:24 AM »
Make a new subfolder in the directory of your media files you're trying to update, move the files to the new subfolder, and try again.

I sometimes get similar issues with the Foobar Live Showtagger in certain directories and usually adding another layer fixes my problem.

This!  Sometimes a stray texfile in the directory will throw it off.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline yousef

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 01:09:38 PM »
Thanks for the further replies.

Having manually tagged the files I've not gone back to further-problem solve this but I can confirm that Foobar was looking outside of the files' directory for a text file, despite the correct file being the only one in the actual directory...

Also when I manually pointed it to the correct text file, it seemed not able to see the FLAC files... I'm thinking this is just an odd bug.
music>other stuff>ears

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 01:23:29 PM »
Thanks for the further replies.

Having manually tagged the files I've not gone back to further-problem solve this but I can confirm that Foobar was looking outside of the files' directory for a text file, despite the correct file being the only one in the actual directory...

Also when I manually pointed it to the correct text file, it seemed not able to see the FLAC files... I'm thinking this is just an odd bug.
Yep, it experience it all the time if there's a text file in a parent directory. Just something to be aware of.

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Return of the Shredi
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2023, 08:37:45 PM »
I wish Foobar would support having two sets but allowing it to be just a single list. My files are like band2023-01-20s1t2.flac and band2023-01-20s2t5.flac but my set lists just are a single sequential list with a line space between sets and a line space (CR) for the encore. It does ok for the first set but then after that it loses the thread and none of the data get assigned unless sometimes I manually fill in the track number (not Set 2 Track 1 but the next number in the set list ignoring which set it is) and then sometimes it might populate the song title. Disc number is a thing of the past. It is a giant pain. Single set shows are a joy. Foobar could look at my set list rather than my filenames and figure out what it is I want in my tags.

I was just thinking how "carriage return" refers to a manual typewriter and the paper was rolled in a moving carriage that you slid over with a bar that advanced the line spacing.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 09:14:37 PM »
I wish Foobar would support having two sets but allowing it to be just a single list. My files are like band2023-01-20s1t2.flac and band2023-01-20s2t5.flac but my set lists just are a single sequential list with a line space between sets and a line space (CR) for the encore. It does ok for the first set but then after that it loses the thread and none of the data get assigned unless sometimes I manually fill in the track number (not Set 2 Track 1 but the next number in the set list ignoring which set it is) and then sometimes it might populate the song title. Disc number is a thing of the past. It is a giant pain. Single set shows are a joy. Foobar could look at my set list rather than my filenames and figure out what it is I want in my tags.

I was just thinking how "carriage return" refers to a manual typewriter and the paper was rolled in a moving carriage that you slid over with a bar that advanced the line spacing.

It works well if it's clear it's a second disc either in the file name or the tags.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 09:22:12 PM »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 06:48:25 AM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline morst

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 11:20:30 PM »

Here's a website which will take a list and add line numbers. For best results, I find that I need to remove gaps from the start and middle, and I like to add leading zeroes later.
https://www.browserling.com/tools/number-lines
Here's another one which will do it, this one stores my last list when I come back to it (must be a cookie!)
https://onlinetexttools.com/add-line-numbers

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Return of the Shredi
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 01:50:21 PM »
It works well if it's clear it's a second disc either in the file name or the tags.
I haven't burned a CD in years and I don't think anyone else is doing much of that either. It should be clear that it's a second set because my filenames are band2023-01-01s2t01.flac so it would be nice if LST would just tag according to my set list. Alphanumerically the files still go in order with S1 files first and s2 after. Foobar just gives up when it gets to s2 named files, like I don't approve of what's going on here so you're on your own. Seems like an easy fix to just keep going in order with the song titles and numbers as I have laid them out clearly. Numbering my set lists is not an issue. It sounds like if I go with d2 instead of s2 in the filenames everything would be hunky dory, but that means I need to go back and edit the file names back to s2 later which is anther royal PITA, perhaps a little bit easier than manually entering the song titles into the tags. I use spaces to indicate set and encore breaks, and Foobar should just ignore that- why should it get upset about a CR? It's time for LST to say goodbye to CDs- if you want it to be clear how to lay out a set of CDs you should just indicate in the info file where the CD breaks should go. And I still love CDs, BTW, for my studio official releases, just not so fond of maintaining a clunky live CD collection. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 01:55:10 PM by eman »
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline morst

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 02:28:43 PM »
. Alphanumerically the files still go in order with S1 files first and s2 after.
is it case-sensitive?

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 03:42:25 PM »
I haven't burned a CD in years and I don't think anyone else is doing much of that either. It should be clear that it's a second set because my filenames are band2023-01-01s2t01.flac so it would be nice if LST would just tag according to my set list. Alphanumerically the files still go in order with S1 files first and s2 after. Foobar just gives up when it gets to s2 named files, like I don't approve of what's going on here so you're on your own. Seems like an easy fix to just keep going in order with the song titles and numbers as I have laid them out clearly. Numbering my set lists is not an issue. It sounds like if I go with d2 instead of s2 in the filenames everything would be hunky dory, but that means I need to go back and edit the file names back to s2 later which is anther royal PITA, perhaps a little bit easier than manually entering the song titles into the tags. I use spaces to indicate set and encore breaks, and Foobar should just ignore that- why should it get upset about a CR? It's time for LST to say goodbye to CDs- if you want it to be clear how to lay out a set of CDs you should just indicate in the info file where the CD breaks should go. And I still love CDs, BTW, for my studio official releases, just not so fond of maintaining a clunky live CD collection.

I have no issue with s1/s2 but my text file is likely different than yours. Would you mind providing an example rather than just a description of what you do? It would help me understand better and perhaps be able to provide some feedback.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com