Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

What rig to run ?

(1/3) > >>

wboswell:
I friend is playing at a local club next week and wants me to record the show.  Obviously, I will be able to run any type of setup I want, but I was wondering what others think would be the ideal setup.  I have several decks to run and have software to do a matrix.  For some reason, I want to put something (cards - don't have access to omni at the moment) on stage, hypers in the aud, and then run a board copy.  

He is a local singer songwriter.  Edwin McCain just produced his album and this is the CD release party.  He'll be with a full band doing music Edwin/Hootie genre.

Should I even mess with the cards on stage?  I prolly will opt to just run cards in the aud and mix the sbd in with soundforge.  That just sounds boring to me  :)

Opinions?

F.O.Bean:
depending on the size of the club, you could run your hypers at the band from the board and the cards to the aud from onstage ala phish....this would give a nice reproduction of the crowd w/ the band being picked up on the board and hypersm set up from the board...i dunno, it would be fun to try tho... ;)

my 00.02

bean

mterry:
yeah, I was thinking the same. with the cards on stage you would be picking up some of the monitors as well, with more drums in the mix...........give it a shot

schoeps t00bes:
run the cards NOS onstage!!!
this will give a real ncie soundstage if the band isn't too bunched together.  if they are...just reduce the included angle a bit.
good luck,
dave

wboswell:
So, you are saying point the cards toward the aud and run hypers from the soundboard?  Are you saying run a sbd copy as well and matrix the three?  Looking for more clarification.

I can't imagine the place being all that full for the show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version