Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MiniMe RCA/coax digi out problems?  (Read 7513 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
MiniMe RCA/coax digi out problems?
« on: November 15, 2003, 02:54:43 PM »
Have a sketchy RCA/coax connection digi out of the MiniMe?  See if this helps.  Thanks to Marc for the info.

It's a cheap shitty connection. It will wiggle if you try to move it, and the faceplate will loosen up. Gary admitted this has been a problem, and told me how to fix it myself.

it's not really as much of a fix as an intermittent crack it open and jam the cheap tin faceplate back against the back. Thus the aes>coax purchase for times I use an m1. What Gary told me is that the plate can come loose if any pressure is placed on the coax.

Alternatively, you may be able to run AES/XLR out of the MiniMe:

I just got my aes>female coax from Georgia last night. It is essentially a female aes with the end modified into a coax out. Tested last night from mme>aes>sony 7pin>m1, no problem passing signal. There may be a problem passing signal to a consumer deck, or maybe just passing signal FROM a consumer deck. This is a great solution for mme users who don't trust the coaxial out . Gary says the thing is not loose, I differ and so does Davis. We've both had problems with drops. The aes with shipping came to 13.50!

Instructions to make your own AES/XLR > RCA cable or AES/XLR > 7-pin.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 11:17:54 AM by dmonterisi »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com