Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: box for akg480 mics and caps  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
ISO: box for akg480 mics and caps
« on: March 14, 2003, 05:29:00 PM »
anyone know of a retailer where i can get a wooden foam box for my 480s?  i don't think the little pencil bag that came w/ them is the best option...  if anyone could post a link or contact here or drop me an email at nculbreth@cinci.rr.com i'd be very appreciative.

nick

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
Re:ISO: box for akg480 mics and caps
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 05:46:23 PM »
The Sound Room, one of the places that sells matched pairs of Oktavas sells small and large foam lined cedar boxes.  Check www.oktava.com a small Peican case might be better than a wooden box in the longrun or you could go to a cigar store and buy a wooden cigar box for like $2 and buy replacement foam from Pelican also Otter Boxes makes some small plastic foam lined boxes.  Do a google search for Otter Boxes or Pelican.  Peace, Matt
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 06:58:50 PM »
What I did was get a Rubbermaid Flavor Saver box from the grocery store and some foam from Michael's and cut out microphone places in the foam.  Everything fits perfectly and you could probably fit another pair of capsules in there as well.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Marc Nutter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Sonic Sense, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 09:04:55 PM »
Hi All,

MBHO makes nice boxes for the 603's and 603a's that are nice for any of the small diaphragm micrphones popular among tapers.  They are big enough to protect the mics but don't take excessive space in a bag.

I know of a company in Denver who has them in stock.  They are about $37.00/pair.

Happy Recording Everybody,

Marc

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 12:51:14 AM »
those long cigar boxes look like the perfect solution.  thanks.

nick

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 08:00:17 PM »
Plano fish tackle box is what I've been using for years. I used adhesive felt & lined the inside of the box. The boxes are durable & waterproof, plus they take up minimal space in your bag.
carl
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com