Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: N-Valence  (Read 3204 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
N-Valence
« on: February 22, 2004, 01:31:25 PM »
Quick question, If I bought a used Valence, could i just switch out the laptop adapter located on their site?  Is that the only difference in the different models is the adapter fora specific laptop?  http://www.valence.com/valence_frame.asp?vti
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
Re:N-Valence
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 01:53:45 PM »
My understanding is that is correct. They ship you an adapter plug based on your model laptop, but the connectors are universal. sames hold trus with the 2ndary power adapter.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 02:21:59 PM »
Thank you.
  If that is correct...I noticed that the N-charge had an extra slot to power another portable device...is it possible to power a UA5 off the N-CHarge along with your laptop?  How would you go about hooking up the UA5 to the N-Charge?  Thank in advance!  Could I just order the proper hookup for my laptop, and another cord for the second hookup and modify that cord for the UA5?  That way I could knock out all my ordering from the Valence site at one time.
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 03:22:35 PM »
Thank you.
  If that is correct...I noticed that the N-charge had an extra slot to power another portable device...is it possible to power a UA5 off the N-CHarge along with your laptop?  How would you go about hooking up the UA5 to the N-Charge?  Thank in advance!  Could I just order the proper hookup for my laptop, and another cord for the second hookup and modify that cord for the UA5?  That way I could knock out all my ordering from the Valence site at one time.

this is definantly possible, i am not totally familiar with the connecters on the valence side of things, but you can definantly power the ua5 with it too if you get the right power cord for the ua5

Offline BJ

• They're baaack! ??
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 03:36:21 PM »
Thanks Caymen...

IS there ANYONE running a N-Charge powering both the Laptop AND the UA5 that might be able to help me?????  im trying to eliminate carrying the battery pack for the ua5 if i can do it off of the n-charge.  it would make my pack SO much smaller and lighter.  plus I am a total newb, so I don't even know how to get started doing this.
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 03:40:18 PM »
do you have the bigger or smaller size valence?

im not sure anyone here is doing this, i might have heard of one person doing this, but i cant recall who

FYI: when you DO do this, the power plug on the ua5 is wired backwards than 99% of most electronics, find that info in the archive as to tip/ring power assignments

what kind of connecter is used to attach power cords to the valence?

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 03:45:45 PM »
The batteryspace.com 3000mAh pack for the UA-5 only weighs 15oz.

What voltage/amperage does the aux output from the Valence provide?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 03:52:52 PM »
isnt it 12v?

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 04:03:16 PM »
Yeah, I just realised that.

Has anyone seen the new N-Charge Power System device in stores yet? Looks brand new...
http://www.valence.com/ncharge2.asp
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline BJ

• They're baaack! ??
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 04:21:21 PM »
THe high power port is 16-24V DC and the lower port is 5-12V DC 10Ah  but i have no idea what any of this means...i know nothing about electrical stuff...i program..thats about it.  how/what do you do about the ua5 being reversed?  I have no idea about the connectors....
I am thinking about buying a used valence from a freind....so this is my research..cuase you guys rox!
Auditory
it's magic 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com