Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church Audio CA9100 Preamp LEDs  (Read 3038 times)

Offline mushroom54

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Church Audio CA9100 Preamp LEDs
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:24:16 PM »
Please Can anyone help me on this maybe stupid question.
On my preamp which has v4.4 hpf in battery box can some one advise me on where you plug in mics there is a small red led which turns red when switch is turned this is to the right of switch.
To the left of the switch is another red led marked as on/off gain -00 +20dB Output but as yet I have never seen this led light up, could there be a fault with the preamp or am I not understanding the purpose of the 2nd led to the left of switch.
Hope I have made myself understood re this question.
I have only just really started using preamps and church audio mics though having them about 18 months.
Thanks

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Church Audio CA9100 Preamp LEDs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »
The other LED is for when you are clipping at the pre stage.  If you see that light up, dial back on the gain until the light goes off and if need be adjust the gain on your deck to compensate.

I kinda wish the 9200 had that same light. I was taping an amplified acoustic show this past weekend and decided to use +40 dB. Brickwalled in parts. My fault though, I should have not have been using +40 dB for anything amplified.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 12:59:58 AM »
Please Can anyone help me on this maybe stupid question.
On my preamp which has v4.4 hpf in battery box can some one advise me on where you plug in mics there is a small red led which turns red when switch is turned this is to the right of switch.
To the left of the switch is another red led marked as on/off gain -00 +20dB Output but as yet I have never seen this led light up, could there be a fault with the preamp or am I not understanding the purpose of the 2nd led to the left of switch.
Hope I have made myself understood re this question.
I have only just really started using preamps and church audio mics though having them about 18 months.
Thanks

You will most likely never see it light up unless you stick the mic into a kick drum :) But that's not a bad thing right? It just means the preamp does not overload easily.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »
The other LED is for when you are clipping at the pre stage.  If you see that light up, dial back on the gain until the light goes off and if need be adjust the gain on your deck to compensate.

I kinda wish the 9200 had that same light. I was taping an amplified acoustic show this past weekend and decided to use +40 dB. Brickwalled in parts. My fault though, I should have not have been using +40 dB for anything amplified.

+40 ??? DAMN bro! :P I normally use 15-20db of gain for my amplified shows :) Its hard to tell with the LB tho, because there arent any gain markers :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com