Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cheap 3 Mic Mixer  (Read 2010 times)

Offline crunchy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My List
Cheap 3 Mic Mixer
« on: October 07, 2004, 10:40:44 AM »
I am looking to do some recording with three microphones. I am looking for a relativly cheap 3 mic mixer. Preferably DC powerable. Are the portable mixing boards a  good option? Size really isnt that much of an issue as long as it has three mic inputs ( they dont need to have phantom power) and can be DC powerable. Thanks.

-Bob

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
Re: Cheap 3 Mic Mixer
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 11:29:36 AM »
You need to look no further. Nakamichi MX-100 three channel mixer does exactly what you are looking for! DC powered, although you have to find one that has been modified or you have to do the mod your self (very easy if you are handy with a soldering iron). There is one on Ebay right now for sale. Normally you can pick one up for less than $100. Only downfall of this mixer is it has unabalanced mic inputs and the line out is RCA. The mixer is pretty clean @ low gain levels and matches VERY well with any Nakamchic condensor mic. I have used one on and off for several years with very good results (three mic mixes and standard two channel). IMO I think this is the best three channel mixer for under $100 hands down!

PM me if you want more info. I have a .pdf file of the MX-100 user manual.

Peace,
LoS
Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 11:55:24 AM »
here is one on Ebay right now for sale.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm bidding on that one! ;)
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 12:01:03 PM »
I too am on the hunt for a three mic mixer. I did some digging through the boards but found no solid feedack on either the Sd 302 or the PSC DV Promix 3. I am fairly certain that the Sound devices 302 is the way to go, but the price tag is a bit steep for this time of year, and the PSC product is a LOT cheaper, but the whole "get what you pay for" thing is bugging me.
Anyone have any experience with these devices?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com