Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is my JB3 trash??  (Read 2169 times)

Offline cjs42079

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Is my JB3 trash??
« on: August 28, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »
Hey everyone, this is my first post here (but I've been stalking for a few weeks now).  I found these forums while researching help on my JB3.  My unit worked perfectly fine for a while, then recently it started to freeze up on me.  After the first few freezes, I was able to get it running again by resetting it but now it seems to be forever frozen at the EAX screen upon start up.  I've searched these forums well and have seen other people with similar problems, and I have tried all the solutions they offered.  One guy even suggested giving it a good whack, haha.  That didn't work for me either. 

I'm now left wondering, is this thing trash??  Creative doesn't support repairs for thse anymore and I'm not sure who does.  I bought this as a more modern/convenient replacement for my Sony D7 but now I'm left frustrated.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

---Chris---

spreadheadtom

Re: Is my JB3 trash??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:18:18 PM »
still frozen after pushing the reset button?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:25:04 PM »
This sounds like a hard drive problem where you have bad sectors on your drive and its corupting the op system try a reload of the hard drive I know there is a way to do it outside of the machine dont ask me how.

Chris Church

Hey everyone, this is my first post here (but I've been stalking for a few weeks now).  I found these forums while researching help on my JB3.  My unit worked perfectly fine for a while, then recently it started to freeze up on me.  After the first few freezes, I was able to get it running again by resetting it but now it seems to be forever frozen at the EAX screen upon start up.  I've searched these forums well and have seen other people with similar problems, and I have tried all the solutions they offered.  One guy even suggested giving it a good whack, haha.  That didn't work for me either. 

I'm now left wondering, is this thing trash??  Creative doesn't support repairs for thse anymore and I'm not sure who does.  I bought this as a more modern/convenient replacement for my Sony D7 but now I'm left frustrated.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

---Chris---
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline cjs42079

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »
Tom, yea it's still freezing after hitting the reset button (as well as after doing a clean disk and a format)

Chris, I don't know how to do it either but i will cerainly research around for that solution. 

Anyone else here know how to reload the hard drive on a JB3?  I thought I migh add that I am using the external power source (ac adapter) to power the unit so it's shouldn't be a problem with the batteries that a lot of people speak of.  Thanks again

---Chris---

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 05:25:11 PM »
in the knowledgebas section here there is an FAQ which should include how to reload the os. if that doesn't work try nomadness.net
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

stirinthesauce

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:35:32 PM »
in the knowledgebas section here there is an FAQ which should include how to reload the os. if that doesn't work try nomadness.net

here is the link to the faq

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=16338.0

I'll 2nd the opinion of reloading the os

If that doesn't work, maybe a new hardrive installed.  The process to do this is also somewhere in the faq or archive.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com