Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dead & Co Shoreline Taping Logistics Questions  (Read 1088 times)

Offline rb1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Dead & Co Shoreline Taping Logistics Questions
« on: April 09, 2022, 01:59:56 PM »
Howdy all.  So a group of friends and I used to do a lot of DAT taping in the late 90's/early 2000's, everything from little club shows to big arenas (Phish, String Cheese, etc.).  I moved from DAT 2-track to multitrack hard drive recording and kind of just stopped taping shows at some point (marriage, kids, life, etc.).   However, I've continued to mess around with my own recording/music hobbies and still have a ton of recording equipment.

I just managed to (sort of inadvertently) score a few tickets in the tapers section at the upcoming 6/14 Dead & Co show.  I've been out of the live taping game for a long time and I have questions.

I'm keenly interested in running a taping rig at this show.  Are there still people taping these shows?   Am I going to be able to bring gear into Shoreline?  How elaborate can I get?  I have the ability to run a high-end multitrack system which requires AC power (I have a nice lithium battery/inverter package that's about the size of a small car battery which would allow me to run a UAD Apollo into a Macbook Air.  That would be my ideal setup right now, but I don't know if that would be considered overkill these days or if they'll even let me bring it in.)

I have multiple mic stands that I can run very high, spread mics, etc.  I can do very long cable runs, multiple mics.  Is this something that would be allowed? 

On the flipside, I can bring a setup with one stand, 2 mics, my awesome little portable Sonosax preamp which can be run into an audio interface (like a MOTU M2 or one of these new UA Volt units run off a battery pack) into a mini iPad or even an iPhone.

In the age of nugs.net should I even bother with any of this?  Maybe I should relax and enjoy the show.

I'm looking for input, thoughts, guidance.  Any help would be appreciated.  :guitarist:

-rb
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 02:06:51 PM by rb1 »

Offline JimmieC

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Dead & Co Shoreline Taping Logistics Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 05:33:34 PM »
If you have a taper ticket then nope problem bringing audio recording equipment in.  I have not had a taper ticket in years, and generally, we have gotten in without too many issues.  Probably you should get some of the clear plastic bags that are the max size allowed for the venue (listed on their website) and sometimes they will only allow in 2 bags.  Someone else can carry in some bags for you.  Sometimes the venue will complain about mic stands blocking people's view and make you run at head height. 

Last Bob tour was an odd tour with no paid streams, except fans stream of the Radio City Music Hall.  In the middle of the tour, they started doing a free audio stream of the soundboard but the mix was generally pretty rough and the YouTube link went private following the show.    Not sure who is selling what this summer.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:35:44 PM by JimmieC »
OH Grown
Mic:AKG C460B(CK61)/HM1000(CK32/CK47), Naiant Couplings/PFA, ADK-TL; Preamp:Lunatec V2, Naiant Littlebox v1.5; Rec:Tascam DA-P1/DR-100mkii/DR-680; Cable:GAKcables; Bar:Shure A27M, Robb Bar 23-cm, it-goes-to-eleven DINa Active Bar, GAK 3' Bar; Mount:Shure A53M, Audix MC-MICRO; Clamp:AKG K&M 237, Photek Grip Clamp w/Manfrotto 042; Stand: Manfrotto Alu Master 3 Riser 12' AC Stand/122B, Lowel Full Pole; Battery:18000mah Universal Lithium Battery; Playback:laptop>Schiit Modi>Yamaha HTR5890>Klipsch Synergy F2. My recordings on LMA

Offline FrankPere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Dead & Co Shoreline Taping Logistics Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 12:08:04 PM »
Iou are my idol

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com