Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Mk22 advice wanted

(1/5) > >>

robeti:
Just bought a set of matched mk22 caps.
I have mk4 and mk41 already.
I use them in a dina bar (stealth) or pointed at stacks.

What's a good configuration for the mk22s?
Thanks!

tgakidis:
I’m just ran them NOS for Govt Mule when I was 11th row. 

robeti:
Would stealthing dina them be okay?
In a hat dina is the best I can do.
Looking forward to use these!

robeti:

--- Quote from: tgakidis on February 23, 2024, 11:02:20 AM ---I’m just ran them NOS for Govt Mule when I was 11th row.

--- End quote ---

You have a lot of mics BTW. Makes me feel less bad for  not selling my non Schoeps gear haha :yack:

Gutbucket:
Generally, if you like the stereo width and imaging qualities you are getting using MK4 in your current arrangements, you can most closely maintain those same stereo qualities with the more open MK22 pattern in a couple different ways: Use a bit more spacing while retaining the same angle between mics, or uses a bit more angle between mics while retaining the same spacing. Or a bit of both. If there is a baffle between the mics, such as your head, those angle and spacing tweaks will matter less.

Regardless, you'll get more open sounding room and ambience and possibly a bit more low end in the recording, which are differences that might be hard to parse from the change in stereo width and imaging.

A good strategy would be to start with the same configuration you are using for MK4 and see how you like it.  Then try a bit more angle or spacing or both and compare, adjusting from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version