Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Mk22 advice wanted

<< < (2/5) > >>

robeti:
Thanks much!

unclehoolio:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on February 23, 2024, 01:16:51 PM ---Generally, if you like the stereo width and imaging qualities you are getting using MK4 in your current arrangements, you can most closely maintain those same stereo qualities with the more open MK22 pattern in a couple different ways: Use a bit more spacing while retaining the same angle between mics...

--- End quote ---

Second this approach, maintain whatever angle you would use with cards, just increase the spacing / time of arrival difference between capsules.

--- Quote from: tgakidis on February 23, 2024, 11:02:20 AM ---I’m just ran them NOS for Govt Mule when I was 11th row.

--- End quote ---

That would've also been my choice under those circumstances.

goodcooker:

--- Quote from: robeti on February 23, 2024, 11:57:27 AM ---In a hat dina is the best I can do.

--- End quote ---

I've used my MBHO subcardioid mics in a dinA mount many times when onstage or up close. Works great. From farther back you may not get the separation in the stereo image as much as you may like but give it a try and see if it works out. It was my goto arrangement in a few different places despite the "conventional wisdom".

If it's "what you can do" I say go for it.

If you are out in the open and can get more separation between them then that is a good idea. I use my directional mics quite often with ~25CM separation and less than 90 degree angle.

andyjah:
I run them NOS usually. On stage I will do a wide ortf. If further back in a venue NOS width with them at 60 degrees rather than 90 degrees.

robeti:
Thanks for the good advice everyone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version