Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wireless miking - Review on the new Ricsonix Camlynx WiFi system  (Read 2026 times)

Offline KeithE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Studio Scotland Ltd
Wireless miking - Review on the new Ricsonix Camlynx WiFi system
« on: September 18, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »
Anyone interested in radio miking should have a look at the new Ricsonix Camlynx WiFi System which could be the standard for RF wireless to come. It uses the 2.4GHz band instead of the usual lower UHF frequencies. I demoed and reviewed the system recently and was pretty impressed with its features and performance for the money.  You can see my review here: http://www.studioscotland.com/camlynx_review.htm

BTW, I'm not a reseller of this equipment so you get an honest review, warts and all. >:D
...keithe

Why can't they make a cellphone that automatically switches itself off just before you hit rec?

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: Wireless miking - Review on the new Ricsonix Camlynx WiFi system
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
I've considered wireless but I worry about interfering with the house sound. I feel like if I mess that up once then the band will suddenly be virulently anti-taping.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:47:32 AM »
Not a good idea - I don't want a microwave transmitter strapped to my body in close proximity to ... (you know where).

Offline KeithE

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Studio Scotland Ltd
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
Not a good idea - I don't want a microwave transmitter strapped to my body in close proximity to ... (you know where).

John, here in Scotland I suppose users might be tempted to put them in their sporans; if so then they may well and truely have cooked sausages for tea. You'll see from the pics I prefered to have the TX well away from there.

...keithe

Why can't they make a cellphone that automatically switches itself off just before you hit rec?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com