Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: wireless system with two+ mics  (Read 4344 times)

Offline jb3710

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
wireless system with two+ mics
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:45:11 PM »
Hi, newbie here... I'm looking for a wireless system (UHF) that has two transmitters (preferably with an option for 2 lav mics or two handhelds, or one of each). This is for a video camera. Does this require two receivers, or can one receiver receive two signals?

Is it just as simple as purchasing as many mics/transmitters as I want for the system?

Also are there options that can sort of transform a lav mic into a handheld mic for a lecturn?

Thanks!!

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: wireless system with two+ mics
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:52:51 PM »
Hi, newbie here... I'm looking for a wireless system (UHF) that has two transmitters (preferably with an option for 2 lav mics or two handhelds, or one of each). This is for a video camera. Does this require two receivers, or can one receiver receive two signals?

Is it just as simple as purchasing as many mics/transmitters as I want for the system?

Also are there options that can sort of transform a lav mic into a handheld mic for a lecturn?

Thanks!!

You need to purchase separate receivers for each transmitter you plan to use at the same time. Does the receiver have to be powered by battery? If so you can buy really cheap wireless on ebay for $30.00 :) but its going to be crap or you can spend $500 per channel and get Sennheiser and get good audio. You have to have a budget to ask this question. I would look at lectrosonics and Sennheiser and Vega.. The last two are the most expensive Lectrosonics makes a lot of location wireless that's cheaper.. Vega is the king of wireless location camera packs.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:12:22 PM »
vega dead a decade ago :-)

for entry level - sennheiser g-2  about 450 per system
or Audio technica  that has dual  diversity reciever -about 1300us ( 2tx +rx)

for much better performers and much grater price range the  micron ,lectrosonics  , audio ltd and ZAXCOM( something that most close to what 30$ cable can give you :-))

1800-4500 per channel , depends on the model .

the sennheiser, even the sk series  really dont come close  for these 3 performers in the field
 the sk is waist of money if you ask me .
you can find good used lectrosonics or audio ltd 2000 for  much less , even they are 4-10 years old they bit shit from the new toys in 500us $ range for quality and durability

oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:43:13 AM »
for much better performers and much grater price range the  micron ,lectrosonics  , audio ltd and ZAXCOM( something that most close to what 30$ cable can give you :-))

I had a prototype TRX900 from Zaxcom last April, it was sweet, but I only ran some tests with it and didn't get to use it for anything really. I have a TRX900 with stereo adapter on order at Zaxcom, when it gets here I can do a few more tests with it.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 09:54:48 AM »
vega dead a decade ago :-)

for entry level - sennheiser g-2  about 450 per system
or Audio technica  that has dual  diversity reciever -about 1300us ( 2tx +rx)

1800-4500 per channel , depends on the model .

the sennheiser, even the sk series  really dont come close  for these 3 performers in the field
 the sk is waist of money if you ask me .
you can find good used lectrosonics or audio ltd 2000 for  much less , even they are 4-10 years old they bit shit from the new toys in 500us $ range for quality and durability

I know Vega wireless is gone but they can still be purchased used and they were still considered to be the best for location work.. And they are one of the few professional systems that can be entirely run from batteries..

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »
I know Vega wireless is gone but they can still be purchased used and they were still considered to be the best for location work.. And they are one of the few professional systems that can be entirely run from batteries..

Chris:

That's simply not true. I know both the Zaxcom and Lectros can be run off only batteries.

Wayne

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 10:32:14 AM »

Chris:

That's simply not true. I know both the Zaxcom and Lectros can be run off only batteries.

Wayne

Actually if you read what I said... I said " they are one of the FEW PROFESSIONAL SYSTEMS THAT RUN OFF BATTERYIES" I did not say they were the "only" :) And actually Lectrosonic make lots of systems that run off AC power/and batteries how do I know this? I have used them... I have never used Zaxcom but I know they are very high end too.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:37:12 AM by Church-Audio »

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »
Actually if you read what I said... I said " they are one of the FEW PROFESSIONAL SYSTEMS THAT RUN OFF BATTERYIES" I did not say they were the "only" :)

Alright, I suppose I can cut you some slack.  ;D

Wayne

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »

Chris:

Wayne

Actually if you read what I said... I said " they are one of the FEW PROFESSIONAL SYSTEMS THAT RUN OFF BATTERYIES" I did not say they were the "only" :) And actually Lectrosonic make lots of systems that run off AC power/and batteries how do I know this? I have used them... I have never used Zaxcom but I know they are very high end too.

i have used these 10 years ago if not more the last time and even then there wher much better systems on the road as the audio 2ooo which also ran from batteries .
these just not ijn the same range with newer systems and no need any one will suffer from short range and hits esspesialy they are single channel .
currently i have 411 and zaxcoms  . working better ,sounds much better , just not in the same leag with vega
i will probably ad one tx with recorder in the near feuture to have some benefit of small recorder in the bag

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 11:04:47 PM »

Chris:

Wayne

i have used these 10 years ago if not more the last time and even then there wher much better systems on the road as the audio 2ooo which also ran from batteries .
these just not ijn the same range with newer systems and no need any one will suffer from short range and hits esspesialy they are single channel .
currently i have 411 and zaxcoms  . working better ,sounds much better , just not in the same leag with vega
i will probably ad one tx with recorder in the near feuture to have some benefit of small recorder in the bag

As bad as Vega was to you... They are still available in most major rental halls for theator work... They cant be all that bad.  :P

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »
for 10 m range with the antennas over the stage
idont think you will see them on broadway or any other place that has extencive rf around .
sorry the world is moving  so are we to better products :-)
and by the way , there would be enouth people who happy whith what they have and  have "why replace something that still works" mantra  :-)

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 12:52:12 PM »
for 10 m range with the antennas over the stage
idont think you will see them on broadway or any other place that has extencive rf around .
sorry the world is moving  so are we to better products :-)
and by the way , there would be enouth people who happy whith what they have and  have "why replace something that still works" mantra  :-)

The new stuff is much better... But some of the Vega stuff is still being used, and it still works well..
and lets face it I don't think this guys got the budget for high end wireless. So used Vega could be a good solution. Not everyone has $500-$4,000 a channel to spend on wireless.

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »
what ever works for you :-)
best

Offline ghellquist

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
Just two small things to consider:

- disturbance on the frequency. TV channels, other wireless equipment, whatever. It is probably a good idea to have a few frequencys to select from, or getting solid advice from someone knowledgeable about the are where you will be using the units.
- legal frequencys -- quite different in different countrys. Check what permits you need to have.

Gunnar

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com