Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can my Schoeps Nbob Active Cables be Making Clicking Noise?  (Read 109 times)

Offline ChicagoBlues

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi,

I haven't used my Schoeps MK4's>Nbob Actives>Baby Box, in a while. Recently, I used them to tape Jorma & John Hurlbut at the City Winery with my Sony M10. The recording came out good at the first quick listen. When I really listened to it, I could hear an occasional clicking sound. When I looked at the wave file, I could see occasional little spikes on the L channel. I thought it was my M10 at first, maybe the baby box. I didn't have too much time to do any testing. Not far after, I used my Schoeps>Nbob Actives>baby box>A10, to record Taj Farrant. A listen to the recording, and examination of the wav file, showed the same clicks on the left channel.

I decided to do some testing. I turned on the stereo and made a one minute recording using the MK4's>Nbob Actives>Nbox>M10. Still clicks on the Left Channel. I swapped capsules L>R  R>L, made a one minute recording, and there were clicks on the left channel. Unless I missed something, I think it's the active cables. If it is the active cables, is it an expensive repair? I'm looking for guidance because I would like the clicks to stop before the upcoming Chicago Blues Festival.

I attached a pic of the wav so you can see L & R channels, and the small spikes on the L channel causing the clicking noise. (The top wave is the L channel)

Thanks,

Dave
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:23:04 AM by ChicagoBlues »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com