Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)  (Read 134672 times)

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
Re: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)
« Reply #540 on: June 06, 2023, 12:37:45 PM »
After a number of attempts, I was finally able to use my Samsung Galaxy A51 with the A10.  Earlier contributions to my problems were correct - NFC has to be linked before Bluetooth.

It took several attempts.  From what I recall after NFC begins to link, you are propmted to download the REC Remote to your phone.  Then you are prompted to hook up Bluetooth.  This was not a straightforward process.  If you have this phone and are trying to connect via Bluetooth, make sure you do it before the show and NFC connection is the first step.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Offline robgronotte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #541 on: June 06, 2023, 04:45:50 PM »
After a number of attempts, I was finally able to use my Samsung Galaxy A51 with the A10.  Earlier contributions to my problems were correct - NFC has to be linked before Bluetooth.

It took several attempts.  From what I recall after NFC begins to link, you are propmted to download the REC Remote to your phone.  Then you are prompted to hook up Bluetooth.  This was not a straightforward process.  If you have this phone and are trying to connect via Bluetooth, make sure you do it before the show and NFC connection is the first step.

Has anyone had this issue with other phones?  I have never used NFC and am not sure if my phone has it or what it is used for.

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #542 on: June 06, 2023, 05:42:36 PM »
The A10 has worked flawlessly with my Pixel 6!
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Jarts don't kill people!
« Reply #543 on: June 06, 2023, 05:58:34 PM »
The A10 has worked flawlessly with my Pixel 6!

Oh snap!  Your post just reminded me that I got a new Pixel 7 Pro and I needed to pair it to my A10.  My new phone would not pair bluetooth with the A10.  I saw a previous post about NFC so I turned it on, clicked register with NFC, and touched the two devices together and now it is paired.  Phew!
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline weroflu

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #544 on: June 08, 2023, 10:12:31 AM »
has anyone measured the pip voltage on the a10?

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #545 on: June 08, 2023, 11:54:38 AM »
has anyone measured the pip voltage on the a10?

Mine just measured a bit over 2.8v
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline robgronotte

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #546 on: June 14, 2023, 09:54:16 PM »
I just got the Sony A10 and can't seem to get it connected to my phone via Bluetooth. I run the pair search on both devices, but neither finds the other.
I am also running the android app REC Remote at the same time.
I read on this thread that some people needed to connect via NFC first. My phone doesn't have that, but it does have something called "Nearby Share".  I tried with that on, and put the devices right on top of each other, but still no luck. My phone is a Motorola 8 Power.

Would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #547 on: June 15, 2023, 04:01:16 AM »
In quickly digging, without NFC, I do not believe the device can connect.  I am fairly sure after my recent experience that Android phones need NFC connection.  I just know that I had to make sure NFC was connected and the phone pretty much took over as soon as NFC verification was performed.  It established Bluetooth connectivity after that via prompts - no other way of trying to get it to connect to my Galaxy A51 previously would work.  Perhaps other Android users could reply about connecting it without NFC.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Offline thebigredone

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #548 on: June 15, 2023, 04:48:29 AM »
In quickly digging, without NFC, I do not believe the device can connect.  I am fairly sure after my recent experience that Android phones need NFC connection.  I just know that I had to make sure NFC was connected and the phone pretty much took over as soon as NFC verification was performed.  It established Bluetooth connectivity after that via prompts - no other way of trying to get it to connect to my Galaxy A51 previously would work.  Perhaps other Android users could reply about connecting it without NFC.

This is exactly what I had to do to connect with my S23 and S21. My iPhone SE, however, connected immediately.  :banging head:

Offline robgronotte

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #549 on: June 15, 2023, 09:52:29 AM »

Damn, if this is true and I had known, I wouldn't have bought this recorder.
And
I didn't even know what NFC was before now, and I still don't know what the point of it is. The Bluetooth on my phone worked fine with my car and headphones.

Offline rigpimp

« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2023, 04:25:31 PM »
I find that if I connect using NFC/Bluetooth and leave the app open I am golden.  If I accidentally close the app I have to walk back over to the recorder and hold it against the back of my phone to get it to pair again.  It WILL NOT pair back up with Bluetooth only.  Boo.
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700

Offline robgronotte

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #551 on: June 15, 2023, 05:27:43 PM »
My unit has firmware version 1.01 - does anyone know if there is a newer version?

Offline rigpimp

« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2023, 05:35:49 PM »
My unit has firmware version 1.01 - does anyone know if there is a newer version?

No appears to be the answer:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/digital-voice-recorders-pcm-series/pcm-a10/downloads

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2023, 06:01:22 PM »
I see some mentions of downloading an NFC app. You might try that? One I saw mentioned was  “NFC Easy Connect” app. There are others as well.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline robgronotte

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2023, 06:51:56 PM »
Well, I think I got it working now.  It was very confusing though.  First mistake was I was trying to connect to an "audio device" which is probably what you would use for Bluetooth speakers.

I figured out I needed to chose REC Remote from the menu to connect to my phone.  After a few tries I got my phone to find the A10 but not the other way.  My phone gave me a 6 digit code and then thought it was paired, but the A10 was still searching.  Before a later try I found a menu choice on the A10 to turn NFC on or off - it had been on so I turned it off.  Not sure if that was an important step or not though.

I tried again and left it the A10 searching for a long time, but it never found my phone.  Accidentally went back to the running REC Remote program on my phone and it looked different - it said it found the A10 and needed me to select it (even though I had already selected it from my Bluetooth app).  I selected it there and then they both recognized each other.  There had been no mention at all of this needed step in the instructions or the A10 help guide I found online; may never had found it other than by accident.

Hopefully it will now connect easily the next time and I will be able to use the REC Remote app to control it.  Will report back.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com