Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Izotope RX: reduce crowd noise?

(1/2) > >>

bmubart:
Hi guys,

I just purchased Izotope RX 10 (standard version) (great product!) and was wondering how you handle talkers or other crowd noise ? 
With Music Rebalance I seperate the voice-track from the rest but what then?
Do you load the voice-track in a DAW and mute the section with talkers or do you use Spectral De-noise to reduce this? Then mix it back with the Bass, Percussion and Other tracks?
Thanks for your input!

Gordon:
I use spectrul repair manually on whistles, screams etc.  it can help with chatter as well if the chatter isn't covered by vocals in the same spot.

robgronotte:
I also use spectral repair to manually remove or lessen really loud cheering, whistles, or brief bits of talking.

I tried the rebalance feature to remove talking, but my results weren't very good. Much better is Ultimate Vocal Remover 5, free download. I cut out the part of the recording with unwanted talk with an editing program, run it through UVR5, then paste it back in.

EmRR:
Will have to try that one!

EmRR:

--- Quote from: bmubart on March 07, 2024, 06:08:26 AM ---
With Music Rebalance I seperate the voice-track from the rest but what then?

--- End quote ---

Don't use separate, use render with the volume control set as needed, using preview to gauge.  You can highlight needed sections and render those alone. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version