Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Can izotope or some other tool clean up digi noise?

(1/2) > >>

breakonthru:
Have we come this far? Have some dat masters I’m doing that could use some help

EmRR:
Would I be wrong to assume digital noise from a DAT playback means the DAT alignment was not correct for the tape? Can it be retransferred from another machine?

breakonthru:
Could be any number of reasons. Digital noise is from the noise correction algorithm, trying to interpret missing data that wasn’t written in the first place, or is written incorrectly a

A tape that sheds its magnetic medium and is missing the data will give the same digital noise

if you have a master tape and it’s not read correctly, that “corrected” digital noise will be recorded cleanly and reproducably to the new copy, and will not go thru additional algorithm nor show errors on playback, as it a “correct” copy of the digital trash the last deck fed it.

robgronotte:
I'm sure you could improve the recording with RX, but I don't know how much, and it might be a good amount of work. If nothing else you could lower the volume of the noisy sections so they won't hurt your ears as much.

I'm kinda curious about it now. If you want to send me one I'll give it a try and see if I can do anything then let you know what I tried.

What acts are the recordings?

Chilly Brioschi:

--- Quote from: robgronotte on March 08, 2024, 08:03:54 PM ---I'm sure you could improve the recording with RX, but I don't know how much, and it might be a good amount of work. If nothing else you could lower the volume of the noisy sections so they won't hurt your ears as much.

I'm kinda curious about it now. If you want to send me one I'll give it a try and see if I can do anything then let you know what I tried.

What acts are the recordings?

--- End quote ---

This would love a bit of post, if it moves you:
https://archive.org/details/LaMP2023-12-08

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version