Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

xACT help

<< < (2/3) > >>

breakonthru:
can you control the flac binary that xact uses? will likely be using an older version of audacity

breakonthru:

--- Quote from: aaronji on March 22, 2024, 09:54:17 AM ---http://xact.scottcbrown.org/release-notes.html

--- End quote ---

yes ive read that, but a few screenies would help a bunch

checht:

--- Quote from: breakonthru on March 22, 2024, 09:41:27 PM ---can you control the flac binary that xact uses? will likely be using an older version of audacity

--- End quote ---

You likely could find an old xACT version, but why?
Flac is flac, doesn't matter what version of Audacity you use, xACT will work fine.
I just moved from Audacity 2.4.2 to 3.0, no issues w xACT.

breakonthru:
oh that should have said Audacity, not xact, as in can an older version of audacity(when it was open-source) be told to use flac 1.4.3. i see xact already has current flac version

scb:

--- Quote from: breakonthru on March 22, 2024, 04:09:14 AM ---seems that xACT is a must for tagging. are there any tutorials or screenshots for xACT?

im flying blind on support for him absent setting up macos in a docker

--- End quote ---

While I'm very biased, I like to think that for the things we do, xACT is pretty self explanatory

For tagging, drop the files on the file list, select all the files in the file list (on the Tagging tab, you have to select the files you want to tag/view tags for), put the track names in the window that pops up when you check "auto name", fill out the rest of the shared fields (artist, album, etc) and then tag.

it can try to load track names from an info file, but that kind of assumes you're using some sort of standard text file (and that your text file is created. I don't create my text file until xACT gives me the track names and times in the "shntool" tab with the "len for fileset" option)

edit:
my normal routine:

1. util tab > batch rename. drop the files in there, type in a filename prefix ("artist2024-04-04t") and it'll rename everything in order with t01, t02, t03, etc
2. convert files to flac, with verify and create ffp checked.
3. tag
4. shntool tab for "len for fileset" which outputs the track names and times that I put in the info file

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version