Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Move Along...Question Answered  (Read 2155 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Move Along...Question Answered
« on: May 09, 2008, 07:01:07 PM »
Forget it question answered...thanks Ben
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:33:41 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
Re: Aerco MP-2 Transformer Q
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:19:14 PM »
I got my MP-2 today.  Opening it to take a look under the hood, I discovered that Jerry put Jenson transformers in mine.  He advertises that Reich transformers are the best and that's what he now puts into his boxes...so why did I get Jensons?  How old are they if  he's not using them anymore?  I've heard that Jensens are great though and that's what Doug uses in his preamps. 

Any sound difference? 

Send it back or look the other way??? 

When I had mine built (Sept. 2007), Jerry stated that he was switching to Jensen transformers. He feels that these are slightly better than the Reichenbach transformers. So, all "new" units should have Jensens now.

I'm sure Jerry would be able to build one with Reichs if you wanted, but I'm thinking the Jensens should be fine. Wish I still had my Aerco :(

stevetoney

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 07:32:32 PM »
When I had mine built (Sept. 2007), Jerry stated that he was switching to Jensen transformers. He feels that these are slightly better than the Reichenbach transformers. So, all "new" units should have Jensens now.

I'm sure Jerry would be able to build one with Reichs if you wanted, but I'm thinking the Jensens should be fine. Wish I still had my Aerco :(

OK, thanks Ben.  You're right.  Sorry to waste bandwidth.  I thought it was the other way around. 

BTW, I didn't care one way or the other, just wanted to make sure I got what is considered the most primo components.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:34:13 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 07:44:49 PM »
After I opened up the DB-2 I went looking for info on the Reichenbachs and found that they share a common lineage with Jensen.  Reichenbach manufactured the Jensen parts until they parted ways.  Stories I've read differ on who did the design and who screwed/copied who after the split.  Some of the transformers are identical except for the prefix of the part number.  The later designs from the two very likely diverge.  Maybe the new Jensens are better than the new Reichenbachs. 

You have sweet transformers regardless of which name is inked on them.

Go tape something.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

stevetoney

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 08:25:13 PM »

Go tape something.

Tomorrow night...Tea Leaf!  One of my favorite bands on earth!  ;D ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com