Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Modern all-in-one recorder help  (Read 469 times)

hedfro (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline heva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Modern all-in-one recorder help
« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:10:20 AM »
FWIW I still have and use a Fostex FR2le, added a Tascam dr100mk3, which is smaller (supposedly better and has more options). Recently added a (used) Tascam dr701d for upto 4 tracks (the one with the hdmi connections) - I hear no difference between the two Tascams, dr701d seems very good to me.
But, when starting new these days, I’d get SoundDevices

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Modern all-in-one recorder help
« Reply #16 on: Today at 07:09:53 AM »
  • Sound Devices MixPre 3.  Very tempting as an updated option vs. 702.  Currently evaluating what's available in the market for a v1.  Seen a couple that aren't much more than a used 702.
  • Sound Devices MixPre 6.  More I think about it, more I think I'm probably 5-7 years from having any desire to run more than 2 channels (not until kiddo's off to college).  But still going to keep my eye out in case I get lucky on a v1.

If it matters, the MixPres are quite a bit smaller and lighter than the 7-series. Not as full-featured, though. Also, the MixPre-3 has an option (the +2 plugin) that makes it go from 3-channel (5-track) to 5-channel (7-track), so if you want more channels in the future that is an option.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com