Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question about Church CA-9100 preamp switch  (Read 11389 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Question about Church CA-9100 preamp switch
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 09:55:19 PM »
Tks for this thread because I have 2 noob questions :

- How can a -12db (apparently the result of that mod) will result in a non distorted recording?

- In the CA v3.2, there's also a bass R/O function = If I put on that function what is the impact on the recording? I mean compared to a SPSB bass roll off function, for exemple, how can I compare (107hz, 95hz, etc.)??

Tks for any inputs on my questions guys!!

The 4.7k mod changes the way the mics work, reducing the likelihood of overloading when it gets loud (read up on that elsewhere).  It just happens to result in a 12db difference in output from the preamp, and you can use this difference to tell which mode you are in.  It's not simply a 12db pad which is applied after the fact.

The roll off is to reduce boominess.   Maybe Chris will chime in with frequency and decay is.   If you are using omnis and loud boomy music, you might need it, although a lot of people prefer to leave it off, and roll-off any excess bass in post.  If you are using Cards or Hyper caps, you almost surely don't need it.

Alrigh, 1st, tks.
I did actually talked about that via PM with Nick and he helped me understand that the same way.

The 1st recording I did using the AT853>CA9100 last wednesday was fantastic...I can't wait to use it one more time!!

Glad you like it!
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline a_doubt

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 12:44:32 AM »
(...)

Well nobody ever asked me :) Honestly there are only a few options for the 9100..

9100 three wire with 4.7k mod
9100 with plug in power switch
9100 stock with 3.5 mm input and output with high pass filter.

I'd like to know more about the high pass filter, which frequencies are blocked? I have searched the forum, but did not find an answer.
Live rig: SP-CMC-8 (AT 943 cardioid) or CAFS (omnidirectional) >  CA-9100 (or sometimes without CA-9100) > Sony PCM-M10

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
(...)

Well nobody ever asked me :) Honestly there are only a few options for the 9100..

9100 three wire with 4.7k mod
9100 with plug in power switch
9100 stock with 3.5 mm input and output with high pass filter.

I'd like to know more about the high pass filter, which frequencies are blocked? I have searched the forum, but did not find an answer.

The roll off starts at 100hz and its about 30 db down at 20hz when its on.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.253 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com