Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Aerco MP-2 Information > $750 new & 1 Month Lead Time  (Read 108610 times)

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Houston
Re: Aerco MP-2 Information > $750 new & 1 Month Lead Time
« Reply #270 on: May 05, 2008, 08:06:03 PM »
no... it's a 8.4 V battery... it makes sense.  I should have gone for the 9.6 V as I originally meant to.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »
I think Im just going to get a Rat Shack Adaptaplug to fit the Aerco and use one of my MANy 7.2v 3000mah NIMH rc batts :) I also have some 9v Alkalines I already bought around NYE as well. 7.2v should work. Inside the Aerco, it says 7v-12v or something like that. I am thinking a single 3000mah one should last quite a long time(hoping anyway ;) ).
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »
FYI, here's a DPA 4023 > Aerco > 722 recording from last weekend if anyone is interested.  My first time running the unit & I think it sounds fantastic with the DPA's.  There was another taper running DPA 4021's > V3 (analog) > 744, so there should be a pretty decent comp of the Aerco & V3 pre's available soon.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,103323.0.html
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #273 on: May 09, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »
And here's mine from a different night of the tour:  Nakamichi CM1000 CP-101 > Aerco MP-2 > Edirol R09

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,103611.0.html

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #274 on: May 09, 2008, 08:42:08 PM »
I just opened my Aerco up.  Noticed I'm running BT MB-C PC-A transformers.  JT are jensens.  CMMI are Reichenbach.  What does BT stand for?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:17:19 PM by spyder9 »

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #275 on: May 09, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »
I just opened my Aerco up.  Noticed I'm running BT MB-A PC-A transformers.  JT are jensens.  CMMI are Reichenbach.  What does BT stand for?

FWIW, the transformers in the one I just received say Jensen on the top.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #276 on: May 09, 2008, 11:16:40 PM »
Just Jensen?    Or part #   JT.....  ?

stevetoney

« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2008, 05:37:37 AM »

Here's what's printed on top of the transformers.

Jensen
JT MB-CPCA
Made in USA

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2008, 07:14:47 AM »

Here's what's printed on top of the transformers.

Jensen
JT MB-CPCA
Made in USA

That's the same type my Aerco came with.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2008, 08:35:18 AM »
Mine is printed on the side, not top.

Offline Thom Joad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2008, 09:55:06 AM »
Mine have nothing written on the sides or top.  The writing could possibly on the side that's against the wall of the box, but I can't see it. 

I'm planning on sending it in to Jerry to see if he can change the gain stages for me.  Right now, they're at 26, 28, 30, 38, 40, 50, 60.  I want to have a 0 and 20 stage put in, for louder shows, since the input on the 671 is a little hotter than my old D10ProII.  Maybe he can also tell me what the transformers are. 

Anyone spoken with him recently regarding turn-around time?

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Team Houston
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »
The writing on the top can wear off pretty easily.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »
Mine is Dan's(tubems) Aerco, which was originally bought by Pollock(forget his first name :( ) but Im pretty sure m9ine dont have any writing on them since I have opened it up ALOT and never noticed any writing :) But I'll take a look at it right now and get right back to yinz :)

So Steve, you FINALLY got yours ehh? AWESOME ;D Im SLACKING on fixing my right xlr input :'( Sorry Dan :'( I want to use this frickin thing. Ive only had it 5 months and havent got to use it once yet :'( I was going to try and run it w/ the broken/loose right xlr input, since I put some cardboard behind it inside the metal shell, but when I ran tests at home the most TINY movement of my bag or the cables caused a dropout/channel jumping on the right innput on the 722, so Id rather not risk getting a FUBAR'd recording and I'll just continue to run MBHO>722 for now. BUT I got my tax return/stimulus check yesterday, so I see a bunch of Neutrik XLR CDonnectors for my 'Burnt Out' Interconnects and also (2) brand new Surface Mount Neutrik XLR's for the Aerco so both inputs are new w/ Black/Gold Neutriks so the Aerco is a little bit newer. Its one of the oldest Aerco's that I know of, so its in rough shape cosmetically :) But damnit, I dont care about cosmetics tho, I am just interested in the SONICS of it ;D I will get it all fixed up for this summer for sure tho!!! Cant wait to run MBHO>Aerco>722 ;D I am also going to shoot Jerry an email and ask him if he can get me (2) of those nice shiny, professional looking metal gain knobs that he has pics of on his website. Because the plastic knobs on Dan's Aerco basically fell off without even using them. So right now theyre just the metal screw part w/ out ANY gain knobs at all. just the metal screw knob that I can put a gain knob on. But at least I marked the top of them w/ a sharpie so i know where the gain is set at 8)

Steve, are you in teh states right now? If so, are you going to TLG tonite? I'll shoot to Radio Shack this weekend and find out what adaptaplug fits the external powering jack so that you can be READY TO GO when you get back from Slovenia this time around so you can have everything you need and go straight to those shows youre doing w/ your daughter at Summercamp :)

Steve, shoot me a PM when you get a chance and let me know when youre elaving for Slovenia and I'll go pick up the adaptaplugs we both need and get it to you in enough time before you leave the states my man ;) I sure hope you can make it to TLG toniet tho. I am waiting for Nicole to get off of work tonite to leave. Shes doing a private party where she waitresses at and can hopefully get off work by 5-6 PM at the LASTEST. I'll need to leave Wash, PA by 7-ish at the latest if I want to record too tonite. Moonalice opens(never heard of them and could careless) but TLG is starting at 9-9:15PM tonite. I figured they wouldnt start until 10PM but I called Smalls just now and was mistaken. Id love to maybe run teh Aerco for a set tonight if you have it? Maybe you can run the M148 for their first set(if they are even doing two sets) and I can run the Aerco for a set possibly? Since you have all those fancy preamps and mine is broken, Im going to be mooching off of you to try out your 2 diff preamps jusdt for a diff flavor ;) I would hate to SMOKE your tapes w/ out running an external preamp tho :P ;D J/K my man ;)

But we do need to switch out your pre's for a few shows and run a diff preamp for each set here soon. I would LOVE to try your bran new Aerco out w/ my MBHO's ;D And I have NEVER ran or even ehard of any MBHO>M148 sources. Have you? I bet that would be a sweet combo as well as long as the 148 wasnt TOO warm for my Ho's :) But damn its nice and convenient running JUST my lo-pro actives and the 722. Im HOOKED on the ease of thats etup. But since the aerco is SOOOO TINY, it fits into my SMALL Cairn II and doesnt take up too much space, so running the Aerco when i get it fixed wont be a PITA at all thankfully :) And it will also help save 722 battery power since I can rune LINE IN on the 722. And I can save even more 722 juice by running JUST the cf card like I have been recently, not to mention the 722 doesnt get NEARLY as hot as when Im writing to the INHDD at all. I trust the CF CArd with my dear life, so I have no problem just writing to teh cf card and using my 722 like a 702 ;) For the last 2 years tho Ive been writing top BOTH the INHDD and the cf card for total redundancy :)

OK, enough rambling :P I just checked mine, err, Dan's Aerco, and there is absolutely NO WRITING on the transformers ANYWHERE, not even to the sides facing the walls of the shell. So Im guessing mine are the Jensen transformers, but I have NO IDEA on what model of Jensen transformers. I wonder if Jerry keeps a detailed log of each and every Aerco hes ever made and what transformers are in that particular box ??? Do you guys Aerco's ahve a serial number or any kind of number to signify what number Aerco yours is? Like is there an Aerco MP-2 #1 and an Aerco MP-2 #2 etc ??? I guess I could look again inside but I JUST put it away and I have 9v batts in there :P
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
Dear Bean,

Fix the MP-2, Make Sick tapes with it, be happy.

Sincerely,

Ben

Many Excuses and Lots of Smiley's

Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »
Mine have nothing written on the sides or top.  The writing could possibly on the side that's against the wall of the box, but I can't see it. 

I'm planning on sending it in to Jerry to see if he can change the gain stages for me.  Right now, they're at 26, 28, 30, 38, 40, 50, 60.  I want to have a 0 and 20 stage put in, for louder shows, since the input on the 671 is a little hotter than my old D10ProII.  Maybe he can also tell me what the transformers are. 

Anyone spoken with him recently regarding turn-around time?

Matt,

My gain is set as follows:  0, 12, 24, 30, 36, 42

I usually am set at 24 for loud shows, 30 for everything else.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com