Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 External Charger  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Mike Sarnovsky

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I love the 722!
722 External Charger
« on: November 06, 2005, 10:02:05 PM »
I have a 722 on the way and I was wondering how critical you guys feel is it to have an external charger.  I saw the 6000mAH batteries from Battery Bank.  A couple of you have also mentioned that you have single/dual external chargers for these batteries.  I'm just wondering how essential it is to have an external charger and your opinions on that.  Thanks.
Mics:  Neumann SKM-140, Neumann SKM-184
Pres:  Lunatec V3, Sound Devices MP-2
A/D:  Oade Mod Sony SBM-1
Recorder:  Sound Devices 722, Nomad JB3

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
Re: 722 External Charger
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 11:39:16 PM »
I have not had a need for an external charger because all of my shows have been easily covered by having two batteries.  But for a multiple day festival, I would definitely want one so that I could charge several batteries at once.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 09:34:01 AM »
get a dual charger...for me it is nice to know that I have two of the high capacity batteries on charge all the time...you can find them on froogle for around $39...

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 12:18:52 PM »
I'd like to have one for convienience but i haven't needed one.  The think i don't like about them is they only charge at ~1amp or 6hrs to charge a large capacity battery, so pretty useless for multi-day festies unless you have AC.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline CQBert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Sunset in Zilker Park
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 08:09:27 PM »
I had a charger and it ran $39...  IT was one of those mulit-purpose deals, picked up at Ritz Camera...it would charge almost any camcorder battery.

CQBert
Sennheiser MKH 8040 (Matched) > Sound Devices 702

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 08:10:23 PM »
I'd like to have one for convienience but i haven't needed one.  The think i don't like about them is they only charge at ~1amp or 6hrs to charge a large capacity battery, so pretty useless for multi-day festies unless you have AC.

I've got the Lenmar MSC-1LX - Mach 1® "Alpha" Speed Charger (http://www.audio-discounters.com/msc-1lx.html) and it charges batteries in a few hours... It claims to be a smart charger, but I don't know how. I haven't had to use it very much though...

Rapid, Reliable Battery Renewal
The remarkable MSCD15 charger continuously measures and optimizes the energy acceptance level of your Li-Ion rechargeable battery to deliver a rapid charge that can have your battery full of power in less than 30 minutes. Using patented NeoTherm active pulse technology, the Mach 1 SpeedCharger continuously monitors, conditions and maintains the quality of your batteries and can actually extend the life of your batteries up to five times longer than traditional chargers.
Retired Taper

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com