Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition saavy? Check this out...  (Read 1607 times)

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Los Bulls!!!
Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition saavy? Check this out...
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:32:49 PM »
I have a file that live2496 was able to help me out with using Samplitude DEMO version. Basically, I followed the steps and repaired the header info using fixwav repair utility. The file I have now is nothing but static. But it states that it is the correct time in length and size. Live2496 heard my cry for help in the fixwav thread and helped me "find" the music on my file using a demo version of Samplitude 10. Problem with a demo version is that it won't allow me to save and open in Cool Edit Pro.

So, my question to anyone, Does anyone know how to recreate the process that live2496 helped me with in Samplitude but use Cool Edit Pro to open the repaired header/static file?

Here's the process live2496 ran me through in Samplitude 10:

Go to File->Import Audio. A dialog box will open up. Check the box that says "import as dump". Browse to the file.

"Start position of data" is the key thing here...

The first time specify 45........(46 is what worked for my file)

Specify your file attributes here. 24-bit little-endian, Stereo, and the sampling rate. Project type "HD".
Press "OK". It will prompt you for a filename. This is just a new file into which the data will be copied to.

Like I bolded up a few lines....the 46 setting was the one that worked for me. The file plays and everything so that's the one.

Cool Edit Pro is now Adobe Audition, isn't it? So perhaps someone may be able to walk me through the steps. I'm not a total idiot, but I just am missing something in Cool Edit Pro and perhaps someone can help me out.

File in need of help is the first hour of Foo Fighters @ Red Rocks Night 2. Recorded in 24/96.

Thanks!
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
Re: Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition saavy? Check this out...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »
You might find this thread interesting...
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,53521.msg706358.html#msg706358

Brian will likely see this and tell you how to do this with Adobe Audition.

Gordon
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 04:09:04 PM »
HOT DAMN!! That did it!! My problem was I was trying to open the file you helped me with when I repaired the header. I had to open the original file and Cool Edit brought it up. I'm grinning ear to ear here! Sounds good too!

Thanks Gordon for pointing me in the right direction. Another +T in a few hours...

:realhappy:
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 05:41:09 PM »
Excellent news! As long as you have the pcm data there is usually a way to fix it up. 
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com