Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: salvaging a recording in wavelab  (Read 1182 times)

Offline divamum

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
salvaging a recording in wavelab
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:01:28 AM »
Hi!

During a recent recording the stealth bag must've been bumped or something, cause halfway through the pre plug obviously unseated and the latter part of the recording is only on 1-channel.  <tears out hair in frustration>

I've been playing around with turning it into something listenable, but I am SUCH a n00b at all this that I really have no clue what I'm doing!  I experimented with simply copy/pasting the good track onto the other channel; it's ok, but certainly not exactly "hi fi" (or even "hi mono").  I'm sure it's possible to improve over that, but I'm not sure what my options are (I'm new to Wavelab, so I'm kind of learning as I go on that front, too).   Interestingly, when I save that file as a wav - with the "corrected" and added copy/paste track - and then open it in another program it still only shows one channel, but when it was saved as an MP3 it showed TWO channels just as it did  in Wavelab (I opened it in wav editor just to see what happened).

So... any suggestions, or pointers to any online resources where I can read up on this?  Thanks in advance!

(PS I also have access to Soundforge if that has features which will make this kind of "salvage" easier)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 10:04:00 AM by divamum »
DPA4060
R09

Offline rerem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: salvaging a recording in wavelab
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:29:04 PM »
I have done a duplicated channell in a similar situation using soundforge,can't recall details at the moment but it saved as wave. I got back some "stereo" by diong a bit of EQ on one channel

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com